I have had two black locust forks awaiting their becoming slingshots for quite some time and inspiration had not come.
The one on the lower left was found near my home on the north facing slope of a mountain. It is Black Locust, one of the hardest woods that grows in our area. Due to its...
Hello there. I made a new natural from unknown wood. It has a nice grain (linseed oil helped), but the wood had some cracks in which I filled with saw dust and superglue. I think it should be no problem, the slingshot should be strong enough. What do you guys think? I was trying to make a...
Well after completing a little natural I thought I would complete a tutorial on attaching tabs (how I do it anyway).
Equipment/What you need:
Leather of your choice
1) Get your slingshot/catapult ready...
Hi folk,s i have been busy again , this time i have been working on a new wood for me , most of my catty,s are hawthorn or oak but i found a sycamore fork and spent a bit of time on it and was pleased with the result ,hope you guys like it.
I spotted this fork a couple of mornings ago, I think it's beech but I can't be sure. Fitted with rolyan's heaviest tubing, it really packs a punch. Originally I was finger bracing but I just couldn't keep hold of it so I tried a hammer grip and I can just about contain the sheer power these...
Made this fork out of a decent sized holy tree. Was nearly perfectly shaped so rasping it down to a lovely hammergrip was a breeze.
3 coats linseed oil, Stained with fruitwood varathane, and polished with beeswax mixture -
Hey guys, my brother and I recently got into slingshots a couple months ago. Been enjoying crafting, shooting and learning a ton of new stuff. Anyways, this was our first attempt at making a homemade :P
Made from a Plum tree and finished with raw linseed oil -
On eBay uk at the moment but I'd be happier if someone from here ended up with it. Would love it to go to a good home.
I decided to have a go at some naturals after seeing the stunners on this forum. I very nearly left this branch alone as it was very brittle but I took it home and removed all the soft stuff and this is what was left.
Well recently I haven't really been very active on here But I decided to get to work on a natty.
Seeing as 'the weather outside was frightful' I grabbed an old (rubbish) fork and set to work. My aim was to create a bit of an edc/pocket poacher/comfy catapult that is ergonomic.