Slingshots Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
335 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Since I'm a NEWBIE I'd like to know some of the more basic or popular measurements for making slingshots - Sometimes in the posted photos I can find something to use as a measurement to get a rough idea BUT... Just trying to help.... I made up a 1/2" GRID PAPER for a regular 8.5" x 11" sheet of paper if one chooses to do so using this GRID as a background for a photo would make knowing most measurements of a design or slingshot pretty easy to figure out -

PLEASE tell me you cannot just open this file from your computer and feel free to coach me on how to make it an easier download, etc. - Just trying to help!

Oh yeah...what is a standard, ballpark width of the opening of the forks between the inside edges for a regular sized slingshot?

Attachments

·
Registered
2,394 Posts
A standard simply doesn't exist, its all personal preference really. For a new shooter, the wider the better for sure.

·
Amateur
2,536 Posts
Somewhere in the 3 to 4 inch outside width is pretty common. Fork tips .5 to 1 inch wide are also somewhat "standard". Total Length depends on how you hold and what you find comfortable.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.