Slingshots Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Missing Barns and Telling Yarns
985 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm asking because I'm lazy. I was thinking of using some single 1632 rubber on a small frame I made. Would that be adequate to shoot 1/4" steel? I've been using double looped and shooting 3/8" steel, but wanted to try a smaller ammo on a dedicated frame. What do you think? Or do you prefer a different type of ammo for single 1632?

·
Grandpa Pete
1,419 Posts
I just discovered shooting 1632 with 1/4" steel. It's great fun, easy to shoot well and 1632 really propels the shot. I took it up because my right hand was injured in a Motorcycle accident a couple years ago and I can't hold a traditional slingshot with heavy bands. In the last week or so I have been shooting and antelope strung up with 1632. I have also made up a couple of Natural forks with 1632. Have fun.
GP

·
Registered
2,520 Posts
I just finished a short shooting session with an Antelope frame wearing pseudo tapered 1632 and a small microfiber pouch. I didn't feel like setting up a catchbox so the ammo tonight was .177cal BBs moving along at 250fps. This combo works well for pop cans at 20 yards. I even connected a couple of times at 30 yards but the daylight was fading. For slingshots try the shiny Daisy brand of BBs. The shiny stuff is easier to see.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts