Slingshots Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
So Many Marbles ------------- So Little Time ;-)
4,384 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Back in the day I had some and did not care for it to much, Of course I shot way different and did not pull to a full 500% elongation factor. I ordered another batch to try out and was wondering if any of you have used it in a single configuration and have had good luck with it and what ammo you may have used ?

I was planning on a rough and tumble single tube set up for my Chinese slings and maybe my F-16 also. Of course this tube in a loop configuration would be just about impossible to pull back and would probably rip the tendons from your bones !

wll

·
So Many Marbles ------------- So Little Time ;-)
4,384 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
It has been over a month since I posted this and I have used the above tubing quite a bit in a single configuration, and I must say it is pretty good.

It is not super hard to pull back and shoots 3/8" steel up to 86gr marbles,7/16" steel pretty darn well. It is a simple clean tube and being it has a 1/16" wall it is pretty tough stuff, good for a back pack trip for sure. It may not be the fastest, but it does the job. I don't feel as if I'm at a disadvantage using this in a single configuration with 3/8" and 7/16" steel at all, but I do get some finger slap, so I could shoot a little heavier ammo I do believe.

For some reason I really like it on my F-16's It has some power to throw bigger ammo and the F-16 fork width accommodates that. I think a while back I was chucking 3/4" (about 83-90gr) jawbreakers and this combo was pretty good at it. At 15-20ish yard range it is the perfect environmentally friendly ammo for Pigeon size stuff.

Right now I'm on a small ball kick, but I'll be back playing with the heavier stuff in a bit for sure.

wll

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.