Slingshots Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,475 Posts
So I'm feeling very healthy and lots of energy right now! Even though I have to skip a chemo treatment today because my white blood count is too low. Doc says it's okay and normal, and my platelets are coming back up to normal, so one good one bad. The best good is I am feeling great and I can do chemo next Wednesday and continue on with my last six treatments.

Without the chemo I am feeling great! Went out to shoot today at 38°f and I am on fire! Steady as a rock and hitting everything!! I just switched to 1632 looped setup and like it better than the 3050 straight setup in the cold weather. the looped 1632 seems to be a bit more snappy in the cold and they both have right about the same draw weight (7.5 lbs) so I'm happy with this new setup until it gets warmer. Now that my hands are steady and I feel strong I can focus again on my release, it has gotten sloppy since I started chemo.

So what I'm seeing is that if I can get a half a second of steadiness right below the target, all I have to do then is slowly raise up through the target and release when it's dead on center. I have been doing a version of that except I am moving too quickly through the target and my release has to be perfect or I miss above or below. Slowing down my upward move through the target to a very slow movement allows me much more time to get that release down at the right moment. It is really helped me to find my accuracy again and I'm hoping I can keep it once I start chemo again. It is awesome to feel comfortable hitting a 35 mm spinner and work on that 30 mm spinner which still is something I have to really focus to hit consistently.

That's my update everybody. Very happy to feel good enough to make slingshots and modify old slingshots and work on my shooting as well. I am really going to enjoy from now until next Wednesday and soak up the good health and the Sunshine!

Cheers!!

Attachments

·
Ray Rowden
3,086 Posts
Glad you are feeling good and shooting well, Amigo!

And really, this kind of detailed discussion of shooting technique is a gift to some new shooter out there. It will be a Eureka! moment for someone and they too will be hitting a spinner with better frequency!

Thanks, Vince!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.