Slingshots Forum banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I managed to do something quite tricky on my daily training.

I think it's worth sharing. Not to show off but for showing what kind of precision can be achieved if you practice hard enough.
Practice makes perfect after all.

0'40mm band
15/10 taper
145mm active length

6'3mm (1/4") steel ammo
10 meters (33ft) distance

Custom Targa slingshot made by Pride Products
https://www.facebook.com/prideslingshots/

Attachments

Registered
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Awesome shootin!!!
That's fantastic accuracy Thank you for sharing
Hey... it's not "showing off", it's the result of practice as you said! Great shooting.
Great shooting. Awesome consistency.
An inspiration for many of us!
Congratulations, and thanks for posting!
Impressive shooting! Thanks for sharing.
Awesome shooting :bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown:
Would be nice to have some time to practice.
Super real ! Congratulations!
Thank you for the kind words.

Top notch shooting, you'll do very well at the next competitions once we all get back to normal times again.

Realmente excelente! :thumbsup:
If I practice with different frames than my normal Spanish slingshots is because there aren't any tournaments on, for obvious reasons.
That made me use some frames from my collection I had taking dust, like my custom Targa.
I don't know if I'll use it in the next competition but I felt very comfortable with it to the point to film the video. My goal was to achieve same level of accuracy.

If I used my Spanish frames all year long it would become too boring for me.

Registered
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Very nice shooting!!! Thanks for posting.

I noticed some other European precision shooters using the same method of anchoring the pouch first and then stretching out the bands with the frame hand. Is there a benefit to this style or is it used as a distraction to control target panic? I gotta try it.
That's a very interesting question indeed and never been asked this question ever.

The style of shooting I use is very extended among a lot of shooters in Europe. But I got to say it's something I have developed along the years, since I started 15 years ago.

It's the style I feel most confident with and for sure accurate the most. The Italians do it the opposite way, they extend their arm holding the slingshot, and they draw back the pouch to their anchor point.

After all it all comes down to the style you feel more comfortable with.
I do think that the priority for better accuracy is finding a good light band setup, that will help you to keep your hand steady which is essential.

Super Moderator
With that kind of shooting Gabo, you'll be right there at the top at the World Cup 2021-if it's held? Great job Buddy!

Registered
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
With that kind of shooting Gabo, you'll be right there at the top at the World Cup 2021-if it's held? Great job Buddy!
Of course it is going to take place in Shangai (WSA headquarters) in August 2022.

Registered
Very nice shooting! I I am impressed how Rock Solid you are when you shoot. It is like your body is completely Frozen through the entire shot no moving at all?! Very nice.
Eric I just switched down to 录" from 8 millimeter and absolutely love it! Plenty of punch power for targets and the bands are so light with all the speed.

Cheers

Registered
Very impressive shooting - what is your preferred slingshot for target shooting in competition ? is it like the one in your avatar picture ? what is that ?

I just ordered some 8mm steel balls thinking they were small but 6.3mm is really small !!!!

Thanks.
Eric.
For competition, I always use my Spanish style slingshots.
The last one I've been using lately is this, which I introduced some months ago, the one featuring in my avatar

https://slingshotforum.com/topic/119972-spanish-style-slingshot-aka-the-ferrari/

As I explained in previous post, the fact I used my Targa in this video is because if I used my Spanish frames all year long it'd become boring for me.

Due to coronavirus there are not tournaments ahead, and that gives me room for trying out different frames I had taking dust.

Mastering a Spanish frame requires a lot of time but it's by far the one I have gotten best results with in the world cup.

1/4" or 6'3mm ammo also is difficult in itself.
Requires having very thin fingers otherwise it's impossible to handle, but the advantage is you need very very light bands, and that allows you to stay aiming longer, which in the end, improves accuracy. It's a chain effect.

Very nice shooting! I I am impressed how Rock Solid you are when you shoot. It is like your body is completely Frozen through the entire shot no moving at all?! Very nice.
great shooting...love your preshot routine
Thanks for the compliments guys, mastering the technique has taken years, and in my opinion, breathing is key.

It's very similar technique used in recurve archery (olympics).
A shot routine can basically be broken down in seven basic stages.

1. Stance check
2. Bearing placement inside pouch/ Nock it in
3. Anchor
4. Draw
5. Aim
6. Release
7. Follow-through

1 - 20 of 24 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.