Slingshots Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Tex-shooter
4,493 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I buy mine buy the one pound spool locally, but it can be bought on eBay also. A one pound spool is 1200 feet and I tie about 600 slingshot assemblies with one spool. Here is the brand that I get.

Natural material Wood Gas Wood stain Font

Attachments

·
Premium Member
3,102 Posts
Thanks for this Tex. And your constrictor knot post,

For the past ten years I've always tied my bands with strips of whatever rubber my bands were made from,
now that I've been using this, I've went from getting 80 to 100 shots before a retie to 350 shots now with no sign of wear.

Thanks for sharing Tex.

·
Tex-shooter
4,493 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·

For the past ten years I've always tied my bands with strips of whatever rubber my bands were made from,
now that I've been using this, I've went from getting 80 to 100 shots before a retie to 350 shots now with no sign of wear.

Thanks for sharing Tex.
How about 1500 to 2500 without a retie? Saunders Black Mamba, all that I shoot!

Reactions: Island made

·
Premium Member
3,102 Posts
Thanks for sharing Tex.
How about 1500 to 2500 without a retie? Saunders Black Mamba, all that I shoot!
That would be unreal!!! Although....I'm using really thin wide bands with an extreme taper for hunting.
Shooting 12 mm steel 330 FPS. So not sure I can reach that number with these bands lol.

But I am very curious to see how many shots I get. So far I already have 4 times the usual

Thanks again Tex. Appreciate it

1 - 8 of 8 Posts