Slingshots Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
927 Posts
Wow, do you know how hard it is to cut a card from that distance???
You really make it look easy. Awesome shootn my friend.
I think I have some kind of idea about that :D

Thank You very much Ibojoe :headbang:
This is hilarious! Just double that above. The way you are handling every type of slingshot with the same level of accuracy is just phenomenal. Let me encourage you to write up a thread on how you adopt to the different frames. For example do you have milestones, like tests? Do you make logs, take notes? Practice hours etc.? I think many of us are interested in these details.

I always wanted to ask, are doing powerlifting or something like strongman? Based on your look you have some serious relation with iron.

·
Registered
2,452 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Wow, do you know how hard it is to cut a card from that distance???
You really make it look easy. Awesome shootn my friend.
I think I have some kind of idea about that :D

Thank You very much Ibojoe :headbang:
This is hilarious! Just double that above. The way you are handling every type of slingshot with the same level of accuracy is just phenomenal. Let me encourage you to write up a thread on how you adopt to the different frames. For example do you have milestones, like tests? Do you make logs, take notes? Practice hours etc.? I think many of us are interested in these details.

I always wanted to ask, are doing powerlifting or something like strongman? Based on your look you have some serious relation with iron.
Thank You very much Mark B)

I know, that this might sound boring (or arrogant), but I just try what works with different frames when I make a video with them.

Usually my first shots are trying to hit 5 cm thick tree from 21 m distance.

Sometimes I have to change different bands or try different active lenght to make it feel perfect.

I don't make logs or take notes, could be good idea though.

This summer's milestone was this 100ft card cut, but usually I just try something and keep camera recording.

Before trying this 100ft card cut shot, I tried if I could hit 43 x 47 mm plastic bottle and it went quite well.

If shooting is not going well, giving up is not an option :banghead:

Sometimes trying again next day is easy.

When I have holidays, I try shoot every day if weather is nice.

At workweeks I usually shoot only weekends.

Four times at the gym in week last 31 years :screwy: is one reason not to have time shooting that much after work as I would like to.

I'm too old already to make any progress, but just trying to keep my body in good shooting condition B)

·
Registered
2,452 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·

·
Registered
2,452 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I'm willing to bet you are proficient at whatever you try Are you going to the motorcycle show this year?
Thanks !

I have one frame, that I have tried only once or twice because I was so terrible with it.

Perhaps I should give it a new chance.

Yes. I'm going :headbang:

·
Registered
927 Posts
Thank you for the detailed reply. I'm sure you have a reference "feel" about how slingshots and bands are ideally performing. No need further explanation. It takes time but going by the guts is definitely a viable option. Once knowledge is accumulated.

Four days a week was my favorite until last months (baby on board). Lifting smooths nerves and the control feels good. I do like to train outside the hole year. Mostly calisthenics and minimalist stuff. People give me the look when suitcase carry a kettlebell in the freezing winter morning.

After 31 years and you can maintain an effective recovery for four sessions? That alone is a big deal in my eyes. Ego breaks joints. Longevity and relative strength goals are still good motivators I think.

Have a good week Kal!

·
Registered
2,452 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Thank you for the detailed reply. I'm sure you have a reference "feel" about how slingshots and bands are ideally performing. No need further explanation. It takes time but going by the guts is definitely a viable option. Once knowledge is accumulated.

Four days a week was my favorite until last months (baby on board). Lifting smooths nerves and the control feels good. I do like to train outside the hole year. Mostly calisthenics and minimalist stuff. People give me the look when suitcase carry a kettlebell in the freezing winter morning.

After 31 years and you can maintain an effective recovery for four sessions? That alone is a big deal in my eyes. Ego breaks joints. Longevity and relative strength goals are still good motivators I think.

Have a good week Kal!
Thanks man !

Four sessions in week but my body trough three times only in four weeks.

Chest, legs, back, hands and shoulders is how I have divided my training.

One musclegroup is resting every fourth week, but sometimes is still have to skip training.

My training is also lighter, what I used to be over ten years ago and now fewer set and higher reps.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts