Slingshots Forum banner
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well let’s see, i’m 16, in 12th grade, bushcrafter, avid woodturner. oh and a complete nut when it comes to slingshots. I got my first slingshot at 12, just a cheap daisy wristrocket. I had 1 problem though, i sucked. discovered this forum about 2 years ago and learned a great deal from it. Such as “rocks don’t fly well” and “forkhit bad”. so inspired by all my newfound knowledge i got some overpriced daisy ammo and started slinging with more confidence than i should have had. \_(*-*)_/ in due time i realized that i needed a new slingshot. so i ordered the SimpleShot Scout, opened my eyes to a whole new world of slinging. but i’m a DIY kind of dude. fast forward 3 days and i print out a Boy Shot template onto a piece of pine plywood(sidenote* I still have that thing for bb’s) worked pretty well but i found myself using the scout more and more, however i love the feel and look of wood, so i took the R10 design(thank you Clever Moniker) and slightly redesigned it for an ott shooting style and put it on the same 3/4” plywood and cut it out and added finger grooves, ended up with a light, accurate, and compact EDC slinger. been carrying it for 2 years now. but i am tired of the plywood, so i am in the process of making a OrangeHeart and Red cedar r10. if you want picures let me know. any way, this is getting really long and i need to stop using talk to text because of this. Now where did i put my Scroll Saw.

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Welcome from Scotland mate, now we just love build pics so get them posted.

sure thing, taking some pics now.

Reactions: Ukprelude

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
thank obojoe. been reading your stuff for a long time now.

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
on it Pete, good to know i still have 70-80 years to learn

·
Registered
85 Posts
As the name suggests i am a wood turner, which means i have lots of scrap from bowls and other such item. in this case its orangeheart, cedar, and colored veneer. the orand heart is from a bowl i recently made, the cedar from a candle stick i turned a while back, and the wenge wood is from my scrap pile.
the veneer is black and white stained maple
the buttcap is wenge
pictures of other prototypes
the walnut and oak one in the top right ended up with a severe fork hit that snapped a piece off. :(

these are the turned pieces whose waste made this possible.

will be posting more as the build progresses. (edit, have fun turning your head upside down, whoops. 1D823F81-56A2-46BB-B1E9-C0BA4CE6DD5A.jpeg 2279C2DC-BEE5-4DBF-AD75-C5FAFB893427.jpeg 90914A97-CBBC-4447-A6F2-E04F9537DC14.jpeg 9ADFBE3A-2F7B-46D6-86C2-9C06BEDA307D.jpeg 81B58865-3F11-48B1-8D16-9D4AFA66268F.jpeg

Attachments

·
Grandpa Pete
1,419 Posts
Woodturner

Suggestion - take your photos against a plain background. The flowers are distracting from your subject. Having said that, thanks for posting these pictures. It looks like you have some interesting things going.

GP

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Thanks for the tip Pete, normally i have a room reserved for taking pictures, but it is in my shop. and I am not dragging sawdust through the house again. XD The bowl is orangheart and cherry. Both candlesticks are walnut, ash and cherry, both are from the same blank, one is multi axis while the other is simply spindle turned with the golden ratio.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts