Slingshots Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

SLING-N-SHOT
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Morning guys and gals, just a quick, down and dirty little PFS I made from a leftover Purdy paint brush handle, for

.177 BB's up to no bigger than 1/4" steel.

I decided to finally try and use leather tabs at the forks (never done that before, like it though ), chained #64 Alliance Pale Crepe Gold office bands for the rubber, and it was sanded up to 1200 grit, then soaked in Danish Oil for a couple hrs......using a cheap leather or microfiber

pouch bought off Aliexpress that has like an elephant hide texture on one side.

I shot about 50 rounds of .177 BB's this morning through it, at about 25 ft or so, had approx. 35 or 40 hits and several

wild flyers, lol.

I was impressed at how much power those office bands have as they have no trouble whatsoever moving BB's through the air.

I suck at tying on pouches and bands to the forks, as you can tell they look kinda clunky and I can never get them neat, but they

function for their intended purpose well enough I reckon.

I noticed that the chained rubber seemed to get wrapped up in itself a lot after each shot, and I'd have to untangle it.....anyone else

run into that issue with chained office bands, and is their a solution or remedy for it, or is it just the nature of the beast ?

Attachments

SLING-N-SHOT
appreciate the compliments and suggestions guys...........GG, I will definitely give your single band #64's a go as it's a PITA having to untangle

the bands at pretty much every shot...........or, I may just cut some 1/4" w TBG long enough to go full butterfly.

PB, will also give your suggestion a try before rebanding.....try some 1/4" steel when I get home tonight.

SLING-N-SHOT
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Very cool idea using the Purdy paintbrush. I gotta try making my own bb shooter eventually.
Those bands are probably tangling because you have way too much power for bbs. One #64 per side is plenty of power for bbs. Cut the loop and you have 7 X 1/4 inch flat band. Less power will cut down on the flyers too.
Looks good! I like the idea of taking something or a part thereof and making a slingshot out of it....or them!!
Looks pretty good man definitely small try some bigger ammunition see how that goes

Premium Member
Those bands are probably tangling because you have way too much power for bbs. One #64 per side is plenty of power for bbs. Cut the loop and you have 7 X 1/4 inch flat band. Less power will cut down on the flyers too.
Excellent little pfs, man.

Grandpa told me a similar thing...Single strands are amazing.

Thanks, GG.

Registered
Morning guys and gals, just a quick, down and dirty little PFS I made from a leftover Purdy paint brush handle, for

I decided to finally try and use leather tabs at the forks (never done that before, like it though ), chained #64 Alliance Pale Crepe Gold office bands for the rubber, and it was sanded up to 1200 grit, then soaked in Danish Oil for a couple hrs......using a cheap leather or microfiber

I shot about 50 rounds of .177 BB's this morning through it, at about 25 ft or so, had approx. 35 or 40 hits and several
wild flyers, lol.
I was impressed at how much power those office bands have as they have no trouble whatsoever moving BB's through the air.

I suck at tying on pouches and bands to the forks, as you can tell they look kinda clunky and I can never get them neat, but they

I noticed that the chained rubber seemed to get wrapped up in itself a lot after each shot, and I'd have to untangle it.....anyone else
run into that issue with chained office bands, and is their a solution or remedy for it, or is it just the nature of the beast ?
Nice work buddy!!

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

SLING-N-SHOT
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I use one most every day and never thought about making a flip out of one. That turned out nice.
Thanks lbojoe.... I pulled this paint brush out of the trash at work, and have even thought about cutting the handle shorter to fit an Altoids tin.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

SLING-N-SHOT
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Excellent little pfs, man.

Grandpa told me a similar thing...Single strands are amazing.

Thanks, GG.
Thanks Makopat and Grandpa Grumpy....when I Change to single bands, should I keep the leather tabs or swap to wrap and tuck ?

SLING-N-SHOT
Discussion Starter · #14 ·

wild flyers, lol.

Nice work buddy!!

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
Thanks Joey

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.