Slingshots Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
962 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just started making and shooting slingshots in February 2020. I like to mix mediums like natural forks with laminate wood, HDPE, with some technical joinery. I would like any suggestions and constructive criticism or ideas. I have learned a tremendous amount from each build. I feel like each one gets a little bit better, more comfortable, and accurate.

View attachment 286914

View attachment 286916

View attachment 286918

View attachment 286920

View attachment 286922

View attachment 286924

View attachment 286926

View attachment 286928

View attachment 286930

View attachment 286932

View attachment 286934

·
Registered
962 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·

Attachments

·
Registered
962 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
This is the complicated joinery one. It has a lot of angles and different materials. I learned good techniques in making a strong bonds and tight miter corners, so the different layers even if there at odd angles will have a smooth tight fit. It is not finished yet but I'm just waiting for that special something to set off the bottom. I struggled a little with the transition from the natural bark to the lumbered wood. I think I'll try it again. Tell me what you think or any suggestions.

Wood Creative arts Handwriting Font Artifact

Hand tool Wood Tool Natural material Creative arts

Brown Wood Fashion accessory Metal

Wood Liver Fashion accessory Varnish Wood stain

Attachments

·
Registered
962 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thanks, for the support. I'm really working on my aim. Most days I feel like im getting more accurate. Some days are better than others but its all fun, and if your not having fun then your doing it wrong.

·
Registered
962 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Thank you, if you want to see some of my art my web site is http//:drewleonberger.wixsite.com/nsfc

I appreciate your support. I have been practicing almost every day. I have even developed calicoes on my ammo pinching fingers. Ive enjoyed this community forum. I thought I was all alone out there. I plan on watching that 1 hour long sling shot video this evening. Someone posted a link and said it has everything one should know.

·
Registered
962 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Got my 1st fork hit ever with a marble. I was shooting the hdpe natural iron wood slingshot. I'm not hurt nor is my slingshot, just my pride. It was my last shot of the night so I didn't even have anything to redeem myself. I was doing sooo goood tooo!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.