Slingshots Forum banner

1st Micarta made and Snow

1K views 19 replies 14 participants last post by  Hoss 
#1 ·
Having a Great weekend, my energy is high and I got to break a sweat today and feel energized shoveling the snow for an hour. Feeling strong and fit is such a gift today and it was fun to exercise with a shovel!!

I have a sheet of denim and T-shirt (20 layers) almost done and ready to cut up! It is big enough for one BAD Boy Scout and the scales for my homemade knife. Maybe I can squeeze a second small slingshot out of it? Man is this Micarta tough stuff, it is 5/8" thick and feels way stronger than plywood. I am hoping to be done making the slingshot and knife handles by Wed. when I start chemo again.

It is good to be making a new slingshot with a new material!!

Cheers

Attachments

See less See more
#12 ·
I used two part Marine epoxy that I had left over from my tiny house countertop project.

Kawkan sometimes sacrifices must be made for the greater good! The purple looks really cool once it's been sanded.

The Micarta really wasn't hard to make it all it was just kind of a pain in the butt and very messy. And as far as artistic expression my slingshots are all about function they are not pretty.

#17 ·
I use a ceramic tile on top and then 2 cinder blocks to press it down. It came out almost three quarters of an inch thick?!? I was hoping that it would compress more but it feels really good in the hand and it will never break!

Tag make sure to thank your mother-in-law for the well wishes. All of the kind thoughts, prayers and positive energy are accepted and I'm so grateful for all the support I am getting.

Cheers

#18 ·
I use a ceramic tile on top and then 2 cinder blocks to press it down. It came out almost three quarters of an inch thick?!? I was hoping that it would compress more but it feels really good in the hand and it will never break!

Tag make sure to thank your mother-in-law for the well wishes. All of the kind thoughts, prayers and positive energy are accepted and I'm so grateful for all the support I am getting.

Cheers
Praying for you now Pal, for success in all your endeavors!!!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.