Slingshots Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Guys. I'm new to the forums but I really want to get into slingshots, shooting and making them! I've attached some pictures of the first slingshot I have designed. I haven't owned a mass produced slingshot since the old Wrist Rocket I had when I was a kid (I think my dad still has it :)) so I just picked sizes that seemed like they would be appropriate. This frame is 2.8" between the forks at the top, 1.5" between the bottom of the fork and the top and is 7.7" long overall. It is 1" thick throughout This is intended to be an OTT and the bands are held on by some bolt on clamps. Bolt size is 8-32 socket head cap screw.

I need to get my 3D printer working so I can print this frame and see how it feels in my hand. As I mentioned in my intro post, I run a small CNC machine shop out of my garage so when I get the design dialed in, I intend to machine this out of aluminum.

If you guys have any feedback on the design, please let me know. I'd love to hear your thoughts.

I've got some cool ideas in mind for some wrist brace and shuttle style shooters that I will be working on and showing you guys:)

Attachments

·
Premium Member
2,891 Posts
Very cool, looking forward to seeing your work. I run a full manual machine shop so I’m looking forward to seeing what you do!

·
Registered
962 Posts
It looks like you have a good start. I would like to see some progress pictures. New materials, new ideas and new minds is exciting.

·
Registered
5,712 Posts
Welcome! The heads look a little narrow for a clamp style. I am not sure if you are going with a Hammer or grip style.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Welcome! The heads look a little narrow for a clamp style. I am not sure if you are going with a Hammer or grip style.
Hi flipgun. Thanks for the feedback. The heads are .6" wide. How wide are typical bands?

I'm a rookie, so I dont know the difference between hammer and grip styles. Could you please elaborate?

·
Registered
309 Posts
With all of the support here, I'm sure you will have success. I will be watching to see it finished

·
Registered
5,712 Posts
Hi flipgun. Thanks for the feedback. The heads are .6" wide. How wide are typical bands?

I'm a rookie, so I dont know the difference between hammer and grip styles. Could you please elaborate?
That's the problem with not having anything in the pic for scale. 1/5" is hunting wide and that is plenty.I see you have found hammer and grip. Please keep us posted on how this works out. :thumbsup:

1 - 11 of 11 Posts