Slingshots Forum banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,167 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I got a chance to use my new router today, i had a nice bit of teak, so 1st i cut a thin strip off and put it in a vice and hit it with a 16mm steel ball to make sure it would take a hit,
I made it with the tip of the forks a bit wider than the fork so it would take wider bands,
I stained it with a dark stainer and finished it off with some homemade bees wax what i was given, I'm going to put thera band gold on it when my roll comes,
It can be shot hammer or gangster, it feels really nice in the had, Feel free to copy, jeff

The Blank

After routing

finished with dark stainer and bees wax

The fished Job

·
Philly
2,576 Posts
Very cool looking shooter, nice finish.

Philly

·
Registered
606 Posts
I love it Jeff
I really like the design and the finish mate. Well done Jeff, looks like you will be knocking them out in no time at all.

·
Premium Member
2,167 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Cheers lads, i will have to make a router table, cos ive been turning the router upside down and putting it between my legs ha ha, dont think my safety glasses will be much good if it slips ha ha, and i dont think the wife would be too pleased, jeff

·
Here to help and learn
781 Posts
Another fantastic yet simple slingshot from the skillful hands of Jeff, bravo my friend!

That is an excellent shape and I love the idea of saving wood with the pre-cut gap. It's good to see you putting that router to work, if I were a betting man I'd say that your frame will sell incredibly well at the car boot. I know at least I love all of your work...

Now I really have to try and fix my router, because finishing the edges is so much easier....

Cheers - John

p.s........ please get yourself a router table, for your own good!

·
"Southern Flip Style"
2,638 Posts
Very Nice Jeff!!! I really like that one!!!!

·
Premium Member
2,167 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Cheers every one, but to tell you the truth i didnt enjoy making it anywere near as much as the little Gypsy catapults, or naturals, with nataruls you never know what the finish will look like, jeff

·
aka. bunnybuster
1,580 Posts
Cheers every one, but to tell you the truth i didnt enjoy making it anywere near as much as the little Gypsy catapults, or naturals, with nataruls you never know what the finish will look like, jeff
Jeff
before I got a router table..I clamped mine in a vice upside down.
It wasn`t ideal, but much safer than between your legs. Your`e a brave man my friend.
Even the router table scares me some with my fingers so close to the spinning cutter head.
Be careful!
P.S. That is a very nice looking slingshot.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.