Slingshots Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hello everybody

i found thins forum about a month ago and i was reading it daily ever since. this forum is so interesting and the people here are great

i am newbie and i have i few newbie questions for you guys(what a surprise
)

1- is double thera band black 2cm at the fork and 2cm at the pouch cut 25 cm long a good taraget shooting setup (i shoot marbels and 8mm steel)?

2- what is the best way to aim an a+ PS2 slingshot?

thank you for your time

·
Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?
1,414 Posts
hello everybody

i found thins forum about a month ago and i was reading it daily ever since. this forum is so interesting and the people here are great

i am newbie and i have i few newbie questions for you guys(what a surprise
)

1- is double thera band black 2cm at the fork and 2cm at the pouch cut 25 cm long a good taraget shooting setup (i shoot marbels and 8mm steel)?

2- what is the best way to aim an a+ PS2 slingshot?

thank you for your time
  1. I'm not a good authority on cutting bands, but I would suggest going for a slightly tapered profile (thicker at the forks.)
  2. To a certain extent that's subjective, but I've found that I've had the most success using the grip Perry explains in this video. I draw my right hand to my cheek, align the bands with my intended target, instinctively adjust for drop, then release. I would suggest printing out some square grid targets and checking the trajectory of your chosen ammo at various ranges.

·
Registered
270 Posts
I'm not experienced with Theraband black, so I can't comment on your question number 1.

Regarding question number 2, I shoot my A+PS2 just like Perry shows in his videos. I hold it more or less at a 45 degree angle and am very accurate with it. I draw back and anchor the pouch just to the right side of my right cheek. Not touching my cheek, sort of like my archery draw.

welcome to the SlingshotForum

·
Philly
2,576 Posts
Welcome shoot4fun, have a ball, remember to wear safety glasses, no kidding, mandatory.
Philly

·
Registered
87 Posts
Hi buddy don't know if this works for everyone but it works for me with almost any thing I shoot. aiming I take a sling shot and choose a point for a sight so for instance the left fork aim and fire now look at ware the shot lands, if I judge the same distance what I missed by and aim in the opposite direction it seems to work. If I use the same anchor point so if I have the left fork pointing at say a bullseye on a target and my shot lands 12 inches high at a 45 degree angle if I point my left fork 12 inches down (so its no longer pointing at the bullseye) at a 45 degree angle to the left and hold the sling shot the same way as the last shot and use the same anchore point I should be getting closer its just a bit of practice to see what works for you, have a look at what some of the other guys have l posted though because I aint no sharp shooter and there are guys on here that could hit a fly at 20 yards, I always try to hold my slingshot the same way every shot so the hand you hold your slingshot in you should always try to repeat the same position and an anchor point for your drawing arm sould be the same (it could be your chin, ear or shoulder) you can then move from the hip to aim like I said I aint no sharp shooter but hope this helps you out and read the shooting tips forum if you get chance

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.