Slingshots Forum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,167 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My sons wanted a slingshot each for part of there xmas boxes, they are both hunters, one wanted a natural the other a cut out, I havnt made any slinshots for a while due to tools been pinched and a bad thumb, so i knocked these up using a hand saw a wood file and some sand paper, i think they turned out ok, the fork is ash that has been stained and then rubbed down a few times, and the cut out is red osk stained, here they are.

cheers jeff

·
"Southern Flip Style"
2,638 Posts
Nice job!!!

·
Panda... with a slingshot?!?
807 Posts
Nice. How long did the boardcut take without power tools? I will be trying to do this soon
Also, what exercise bands are they? They're cheaper than TB, right?
But very good job, well done.

·
Premium Member
2,167 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Nice. How long did the boardcut take without power tools? I will be trying to do this soon
Also, what exercise bands are they? They're cheaper than TB, right?
But very good job, well done.
The board cut didnt take too long, i got a old hand scroll saw, the bands were only £11 for 5yards, they seem to last a long time, i use a full 5in tappered to 4in and 11in long, they take all game and hit hard,
and thanks to everyone, jeff

·
Registered
685 Posts
Nice work
I wish I had a father like you

I see that many of u guys are using two individuals layers of band. Is that better than just a big one and folded?

And if any of you can tell me a good width for TheraBand Black...I want them to be strong enough to take out game.

thanks

Tudor
I personaly dont like folded bands as they are louder and for me thye dont shot exect.

·
Brotherhood Of The Slingshot Nutz
2,144 Posts
Great work Jeff, they should be very happy with them.

·
Registered
606 Posts
I bet both your boys will be pleased with those Jeff. Well done mate , two cracking slingshots.

·
Resigned
1,142 Posts
Nice pair you've made. I'm jealous as neither of my two sons give a care about slingshots.....so much I wish I could share with them.

I have always really had a lot of respect for those who create gifts with their own skills and talents versus buying something from a mega-box store. You've done a good job in more ways than one here and have my respect for it. Also, sorry about someone pinching your tools.......that's pretty lame and shame on them!

·
Premium Member
2,167 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Cheers every one they are the 1st ive made for a while, i,ll have to start doing them again, i lost heart in doing them cos it took a while to save for the tools, my sons have been hunting since they were 10 year old they love it, they are 30 and 28 now ha ha showing my age now, jeff

1 - 20 of 22 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.