Slingshots Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I decided to make 2 new boardcuts when I was in Sweden.(Or my dad did) He has his own shop where he is a cabinet-maker! Thanx DAD!!!
"I" made one from Joergs design and one of my own!
I just tried the design from JoergS and have been getting allot of fork-hits on that one, but that's probably just because it is new! The design of it feels well balanced, and I LIKE the look of it!
I have not tried the one "I" made myself yet, but hopefully it will work! I was pleased with the finish on this one! Practise makes better!

Multiplex is REALLY sturdy! I can put all my weight (81.5kg) On it and it won't break! Hard stuff, but fairly easy to sand and cut!

So Thanx for looking!

Attachments

·
Registered
691 Posts
I like the second design , you should not get fokhits on that one.
About the forkhits; The right fork looks longer then the left therefore the bands are not equal in lenght. The band itself does not look equal either. At the pouch looks like you tied the rubber at different sides .The rubber ear should be on the outside on both sides.
Good shooting.

·
Registered
4,720 Posts
Hi Julius,

I too wondered whether the both sides of every thing are of equal lengths and tied the same. It was something that happened to me. I wasn't off much but it was causing fork hits. Now I am more precise and sure all things are the same. The last time I had a fork hit was because I was doing something unusual or using an unfamiliar slingshot. In other words no fork hits since I have been careful to make all things even as well as my draw and the way I hold the pouch in line with the bands.

double check and I bet things will get better.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts