Slingshots Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
338 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Again using stuff I had on hand - This one has a grip for an AR15 and a PVC fork with Chinese bands - Shoots VERY well IMHO :D

Maybe for #3 will be a true natural using the shoulder blade from one our local white tails that was found and then cleaned - I'm hoping I don't mess it up!! I might have to do some thinking before I start cutting on it - Comments always welcomed and appreciated!!

Attachments

·
Registered
85 Posts
Deer shoulder blade huh, i've used an elk shoulder blade as a small hand axe before but haven’t even considered use as a slingshot frame, i’m very keen to see how this plays out. also great use of the AR-15 grip.

·
Registered
85 Posts
also, you could put some wood on one or both sides in order to reinforce the bone, but if you use it as a bb or 1/4 inch steel then the bone should be plenty.

Reactions: Ibojoe

·
Missing Barns and Telling Yarns
955 Posts
Your coming up with some one of a kind builds for sure! Like the use of PVC, and the bone frame should be really cool!

·
Registered
40 Posts
very cool ideas. i may have to borrow the ar handle idea for an extended fork frame im working on.

·
Premium Member
4,012 Posts
Good idea with the AR grip... not so great idea with the PVC. The shape is fine and all that, but PVC tends to fracture and give out suddenly. So one day, when it really matters, you might line up your shot and shRRRaKK... the fork snaps and is coming back at your face.

Instead of PVC you might try HDPE, ABS, or the best PolyCarbonate... or you can go with Aluminum, Copper, or Steel... I don't think wood in that shape and thinness would be a good idea either.

·
Registered
338 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
MANY THANKS to everyone for your comments & compliments!!!! I'll work on avoiding PVC for any forks in the future - To fix this one should not be a major thing as it's modular in design -

Late last night I found an extra AK 47 grip soon to be pressed in to service :hmm:

1 - 13 of 13 Posts