Slingshots Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Banned
1,311 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
fancied seeing what would occur with a grimy piece of hazel,came up with a gangster grip and a mini cat outta some hazel which looked really crappy to start with,im happy with the result except the black looking grime on it which try as i might wouldnt sand out,coat of wax jobs a goodun

marcus sr

Attachments

·
Premium Member
640 Posts
Hi Marcus. I think they look great now and they'll be even nicer with a finish coat.

I had 5 forks gifted to me from Colombia, and one of them had that same black streaky, smudgy thing, that will not come off, happening on it. I would like to apply a stain like old oak, that would make the black come through as a part of the aging color. Could be a winner.

They also sent me some rectangular solid rubber that looks really interesting. I have to find out how to best use it, connect it, etc, but it seems to me that it has to go on a natural frame. I know a lot of you SS (Sad Slingers) especially from the "Old Country" or " Across the Pond" might know more about it's use than we in the "Colonies" do. Please excuse me, sometimes I just can't help myself.

If you have any suggestions, (about the rubber) I'd be happy to hear from you. At this point I feel lucky to have some.

Al

·
Premium Member
640 Posts
I used sandpaper. The fork never took on a totally smooth surface. It seemed to always have a raised vein here or there, not overly noticeable but there.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.