Slingshots Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,876 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey folks,
Came home late last night to these guys at my trash cans. When I pulled in they went up the maple tree behind my garage.

Flicked the high beams on in the truck, makes the eyes glo for an easy target.

I've had a real problem with raccoons this summer. This makes 12 that I've got. (Not all with the sling)

Shooting carbon steel cylinders, 1/2" diameter by 3/4" long. With double 1" wide straight cuts. AB5FE640-39C2-4FD7-9CC8-6E0F995FE3D2.jpeg 7EC91647-665D-4E0D-9340-8CC81AA23AC5.jpeg

Attachments

·
Registered
2,690 Posts
Now that right there is the best example of how effective a weapon a slingshot can be in the hands of a good shot and someone that knows what it takes to get the job done. Raccoons are tough critters and sometimes don't go down easy. Awesome shooting there buddy! I am impressed! Tell me more about those projectiles. At what distance does the accuracy deteriorate?

·
Premium Member
2,876 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Now that right there is the best example of how effective a weapon a slingshot can be in the hands of a good shot and someone that knows what it takes to get the job done. Raccoons are tough critters and sometimes don't go down easy. Awesome shooting there buddy! I am impressed! Tell me more about those projectiles. At what distance does the accuracy deteriorate?
Thanks man! Your right, with the right setup the slingshot can be a great hunting tool. The ammo is roller bearings from wheel bearing.
Where I work has a trailer division, so I get the guys to throw me the old bearings instead of the scrap bin lol.

·
Premium Member
2,876 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Nice shooting Shane.....what's the black handle on that sling ?
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Thanks brother!

It was kinda an experiment....it's a material we have at work called nylatron,
It's used for bushings in heavy equipment. It gets really fuzzy when you sand it....so I went over it very carefully with a heat gun.
All in all it came out pretty good. But I still like the aluminum handles the best.

·
SLING-N-SHOT
3,680 Posts
Wow, those cylinders are lethal. How far out do they shoot true?
200 FPS and under they stay true. Anything over that they get a little swervy around 25 yards

This band set is shooting them around 240. Normally it's a bit faster...but it's getting cold here
Shane, you ever tried any of the Precise band material made for cold weather ?

·
Premium Member
2,876 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Wow, those cylinders are lethal. How far out do they shoot true?
200 FPS and under they stay true. Anything over that they get a little swervy around 25 yards
This band set is shooting them around 240. Normally it's a bit faster...but it's getting cold here
Shane, you ever tried any of the Precise band material made for cold weather ?
Not yet that's on my Christmas list lol.

I'm starting to feel the effects of the cold. What I typically get 300 FPS with is now giving me about 210.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts