Slingshots Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
SSF Founder
5,225 Posts
In honor of our 2 year anniversary (Dec 16th), we will be holding our 1st annual Slingshot Of The Year competition!

The rules are very simple:
  1. Any slingshot that was made in 2011 is eligible for nomination
  2. It can be a board-cut, natural, wire, etc.
  3. The slingshot can be made by anyone, commercial or homemade
  4. You may only nominate one slingshot.
  5. You may not nominate a slingshot that you made
  6. Any nominations not including an image of the actual slingshot will be summarily deleted
  7. A link should be provided to the nominated slingshot
  8. All nominations will be made in this thread
  9. The nominations will end on December 16th 2011. A Voting thread will be created at that time. If more slingshots are nominated than can be voted on in one thread, multiple threads will be created, with the Top 3 in each thread going into a "finals" competition.

The prize will be an actual trophy with the Winner's name on it. A picture of the trophy will be forthcoming.

Please start make your nominations now!

·
Banned
6,402 Posts
I would like to nominate the ECST Fundraiser Slingshot (Axiom) as slingshot of the year.

Built as a collaboritive effort between Flippinout and Performance Catapults I think this is a real winner.

Not only does this exhibit exquisite design and workmanship, I believe it deserves bonus points for dedication to the cause and the loving memory of Jaybird.

LINK

·
Premium Member
4,187 Posts
No doubts for me, this is the most beautiful slingshot of the year: Flippinout Antler posted in June 2011. I fell in love with her since I've seen the first time, it was a Nathan's stroke of genius! I may say that I was inspired to make naturals. Good luck to everyone mates! Cheers, Bob.

LINK

Attachments

·
Fistgrip shooter
415 Posts
I Nominate The Moorhammer.
http://slingshotchan...r-accident.html
this is the development of the Hammerhead.
that is the combination of some excellent designs by Jörg.

I shot this Slingshot at the last meeting with Jörg, i know now this is the best Hammergrip Slingshot.

I hope Jörg bring this Slingshot to Peter Hogan.

Tobias

Hand Finger Thumb Wood Gesture

Attachments

·
Registered
12 Posts
I would like to nominate the Hype-X Tribute made by Snipez.

The story behind this is I posted a topic asking for a custom made slingshot for my new fiance, I had many responses and was overwhelmed by the designs and craftsmanship. Snipez sent me a design he had drawn and i knew it was the perfect one for my slingshot obsessed husband to be. So he made it for me, I have recently given it to my fiance and he was lost for words at how stunning it is, and to be honest i too am loving it.

Here is a picture of the finished product and here is a link to a post made by Snipez and his new slingshot

http://slingshotforum.com/topic/12661-my-version-of-the-hype-x/page__p__138189#entry138189

Attachments

·
Premium Member
1,918 Posts
I nominate a slingshot made by Torsten located here .

This slingshot is made by hand and displays a level of artistic excellence I have never seen surpassed. The level of finish, symmetrical balance, and perfect scale set this slingshot on a plateau towards which all slingshot artists and craftsmen strive to achieve.

.....and it shoots like 1.7 million bucks!!

·
SSF Founder
5,225 Posts
Guys,

Please remember that this is the nomination phase. If you re-nominate one that is already nominated you are, to put it bluntly, wasting your nomination.

I will be deleting the duplicate nominations shortly.

-NK

Edit: Duplicates have been removed.

·
Premium Member
5 Posts

Attachments

·
Registered
2,260 Posts
I think competition is very difficult, in this year we have seen many wonders, and we usually have very short memory, I think that most of the nominees so far are therecently published Doing a big jump to the first months of the year, could find a slingshot that captivated me since I saw her. were the beginnings of the legend.published on March 9

http://slingshotforum.com/topic/5832-new-exotic-laminate/

I propose that a committee of moderators or members nominate at least 5 slingshots that have been forgotten (not nominated) that have the attributes andmerits to participate in the competition.

·
SSF Founder
5,225 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
I propose that a committee of moderators or members nominate at least 5 slingshots that have been forgotten (not nominated) that have the attributes andmerits to participate in the competition.
That's not a bad idea Chepo!

I am going to form a selection body to identify an additional 6 slingshots that should be included in the voting poll on the 16th. Anyone would like to be a part of this selection body, please PM me.

1 - 20 of 35 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.