Slingshots Forum banner
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

· Super Moderator
7,197 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Man, where do I begin? First off big time Congrats to MJ for making a new record for most cans knocked down in a minute 13! Event was timed, measured,recorded,verified, reverified,and witnessed by a bunch of us for the folks at Guiness.

Next a huge thank you for Patty,Jim and Jeff,Doug and Amy and the Sportsmens Club for all the work involved for setting this event up and making it run smooth.

Big thanks too for the many door prizes donated by people on the forum,attendees,and to Slingshots USA and Ray Priest who every year donates prizes and also finances a Special $100 shoot.

Now for the real fun!

The first place winner was Rayshot ( Ray Bozinski )

2nd place was Nathan Masters

3rd place was Crazy Mike

Tremendous shooting done by these guys-so much so that you just had to see it to appreciate it.

We had 4 shoot offs!!!!!!!!!!( How cool is that?)

4 events ended up in a tie and we then had a shoot off. Events were:

Toilet Can shoot-shooting rocks using a natural slingshot only get -5 shots hitting a brass medal hanging if the middle of the hanging toilet seat-NOT EASY!!!

MJ and Randy ( Just an Old Kid ) forum moniker were tied up then Randy took it in a "sudden death" shootout-COOL!

Eagle Eye Shoot-MJ and Marty ( Treefork ) were left standing at the end -all tied up. Did a shoot off and MJ took it. FUN!!

NCA, Start-Up shoot. Everyone threw $10 into the pot. Everyone shot at clay birds. Highest score took a percentage of the cash, rest was a little fuel to get the NCA ( National Catapultry Association) going again. Marty ( Treefork ) and Jimmy Harris tied-shot it out and Jimmy took it.NICE!

Ray Priest $100 shoot- 5 shots-highest score with a Slingshots USA Quick Point slingshot-brand new out of the box. Everyone that shot had to use only those slingshots.

Randy (Just an Old Kid ) and Flatband ( Hey, that's me! ) tied for highest. Had the shootoff and Randy took it- DARN! Great job by Randy too because after Patty gave him the new $100 bill,he turned around and donated it back to the club! Talk about class!!!

I had- we all had an absolute blast!!! New faces doing some very nice shooting. Forum members you don't hear too much from but showing up and just rocking the place with some great shooting. Guys traveling 100's of miles to shoot slingshots!!-We had guys from Florida,Illinois, Indiana, Ohio, Michigan, New Jersey, New York, Virginia ,Kentucky,Georgia,Pennsylvania,I might have a missed a few too-all coming together to shoot slingshots!!!!! I LOVE IT!!!! And so does everyone that was there! Thanks to all my new friends and the old ones for a great time!!!!! What a great bunch of people!!!!! Slingshots Rule!!!

· Premium Member
1,468 Posts
I think you got your ties mixed up Gary lol. The tie in the NCA shoot was for third place between Crazy Mike, Blue, Ray and I forget who else. Ray broke the tie, and Nathan took 2nd. All winnings were donated back into the pot to help the startup of the NCA. I think I wound up going 48 hours with no sleep.

· Super Moderator
7,197 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Oh yeah, that's right Jim. I shot so much I'm all screwed up. The other guy was Treefork ( Marty) I think . At any rate it was great seeing you and everyone else again. Still had some shoot offs didn't we? Always love them! BTW, you shot really well for a guy that was 80% out on his feet!!!! Wish I could shoot that good awake! :king:

Reactions: jodigirl

· Registered
195 Posts
Hey Gary , Wyatt and I want to thank you and everyone else for welcoming us to the fraternity of slingshot nuts. We had a blast! Hope to make it again next year. Oh yeah big congrats to MJ. Sorry we missed it we out on the course when he made that attempt. Again thanks all we met a bunch of great people and had a lot of fun J.D.

· Super Moderator
7,197 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
We missed you Bill!

· Registered
904 Posts
We missed you Bill!
I sure missed being there. Most of all I missed seeing all you Guys

I was in process of making a marathon run to NYC and back to NC to retrieve my Son from a two year stay. I tried to talk the family into a slight detour, but my idea just would not.fly

Looks like there was some mighty fine shooting

· Super Moderator
7,197 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
It was so nice meeting you Jamie and your son Wyatt. You are some shooter and your son is right behind you. See ya next year!!

· Registered
138 Posts
Hey Gary , Wyatt and I want to thank you and everyone else for welcoming us to the fraternity of slingshot nuts. We had a blast! Hope to make it again next year. Oh yeah big congrats to MJ. Sorry we missed it we out on the course when he made that attempt. Again thanks all we met a bunch of great people and had a lot of fun J.D.
It was great having you guys there! I think Wyatt was really getting the hang of it by the end of the weekend. Hope you can both make it back next year!!! :)

· Super Moderator
7,197 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Wow Jim, thanks for that picture Bud! I usually hate pictures of myself but at the risk of sounding conceited-that one came out COOL!!!!!

· Premium Member
2,915 Posts
This was my second year, and I'm already thinking of something interesting to shoot at next year. All of the events and people who attend are a real hoot. Can't wait till next year. I've already planted the seed with the old lady about going to Blue's in October with Crazy Mike.
Your moving target rig was a blast!

Hopefully I can make it to Blue's again this October, It would be great to have you guys there as well.

· Super Moderator
7,197 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
You know I'm gonna try for Blue's in October!

· Registered
5,028 Posts
Had a BLAST! It was really great to meet some forum friends face to face. Equally great to meet some new ones not on the forum. All in all, a great group of people. A big thanks to Chad (QIMN) for letting me crash at his place after the drive from FL to NC and for driving up to PA and back to NC and letting me crash the couch again before the drive back to FL. Great guy. I ended up winning his slingshot in the door prize drawings.... post to follow soon!

· Premium Member
588 Posts
Thanks for posting the winners Gary.I am just getting caught up here.

I want to also thank every one that attended to help make this years shoot a success.

Also a huge thank you to Biggbill and Crazy Mike.They showed up Wednesday afternoon and helped set the shooting range up.On Sunday,they stayed and help tear everything down and put it away.I say helped but they actually did the bulk of the work.

Jim Poorbaugh ,the president of the host club.East Huntington Sportsman How much he did in making the shoot a success by making the special 1-3 trophy awards mowing ,weedwacking,backstop preparations,gong shoot,and more.

Jeff poorbaugh that contributes his time yearly along with Jim

East Huntinton Sportsman for giving us a place to have this shoot for the last 5 years.

Amy and Doug Brown that have been our cooks for the last 5 years.

Ray priest that has donated prizes for the last 5 years.

Everyone else that has contributed door prizes or helped also thanks to you all.

BIG THANKS TO ALL,

1 - 20 of 28 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.