Slingshots Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
64 Posts
I'd love to go and I'm a first timer. I'm from Georgia so, I'm getting a motel as soon as I hear. Do you know when and where it is?

Also, could you give us an idea of what they do there? I'm talking about how many shots at what distances? What kind of targets do they use? How do you sign up for events, and what different events are there? Do they have a separate heat for naturals, PFS, flat bands? How much is it? I know I've got a lot of questions, but I have no idea what it's even like.

Can people just walk up and sign up for events?

·
Registered
154 Posts
Hey Mike, Glad to see ya here! we've (Sean, Dra, and I) not been able to attend the past few years, but hope to see you there,at least some of that weekend. My grandson Dra, now 13, especially wants to see you for his planned "challenge matches with Crazy Mike!" (thanks for always taking the time with him, and has always inspired his practice!). Hey, the tourny still features a daily fee for unlimited range shooting, without entering the main competition, doesn't it?

See ya there!

·
Premium Member
4,012 Posts
I'll be there... not sure about Daranda though.

We have a Grandson due in the next couple of weeks... his Mom will get 3 months maternity leave, and then we'll be taking care of the baby while my Daughter continues with medical school and so forth.... So like I say, I'll be there, but Daranda might be taking care of the baby and there's no way we're going to take him on a 2500 mile round trip... not at 3 months old!

·
Mojave Mo
4,840 Posts
My parents told me that the East Coast started in Reno. So this event is probably in the Far East? Indeed, I'll go check that contest thread, maybe I'll see youz?

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
152 Posts
Bill congrats on the grand kid it is awesome
Mojave doesn't matter how Far East, just get here
Mr McKean we have been wondering where you all been, hope to see you and see how Dra is growing up
Uath, search and look up the 2018 ECST thread most info and costs will be the same
We do like to try to do something different but general format will be similar
I would like to call this event the ECST and slingshot rendezvous
It is a gathering of slingshot people doing slingshot stuff and it is as low or high pressure as you want to make it
The tournament is self paced and there are several organized events but I guarantee it is in no way above anyone's skill level
If you are a contender, then come and contend, if not (like me) have fun, do your best and learn from the best of the best
Where else can you go and stand next to the likes of Nathan or any of the really talented shooters and be part of the pack
It's a pissa

·
Premium Member
3,233 Posts
I have strong hope to be there... it'd be my first one, too.

But I will not know until I see what kind of money I am spending to do some vehicle repair. Work and adulting before fun and play... and all like that.

·
Registered
152 Posts
We typically have 50 or so tournament shooters
Then some locals who stop by shoot for the day
Mikey and I have been wanting to try to attract more people but have yet to be able to get it done
I'm a Facebook moron and it's hard to find the time try to promote the event
One thing that may keep people away is they think you have to be some smacking shooter to participate
This is open to all at all skill levels
How better to improve your skills, come shoot with the best.
It a no attitudes environment and everyone just shares
Great bunch of people
I'm impressed with the distances that are traveled to attend
You should try to make it
It's a blast

1 - 18 of 18 Posts