Slingshots Forum banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
353 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
c7fe807ba31e7484060f93d1c609d145o.jpg

Hello guys.

Some of the old - timers in this forum know me. I used to be active on this forum a couple years ago.

Within less than two months it is going to take place in Cadiz, southern spain, the 18th National slingshot championship.

I have taken the time to translate the rules into English for non-spanish speakers to better understand our rules. Attached below in a pdf file.

Furthermore, i will be using this thread to keep uploading pictures and videos of the championship once is over.

It is expected to receive the visit of some international shooters from brazil , USA and England. By far, our most international edition.

I thought it would also be a good idea to upload the rules on the forum for those curious people because not everyone have facebook (where we are more active).

I will be in charge of international relationships as I am the only shooter who speaks fluent English.

If you guys have any questions, please ask away.

Attachments

·
Registered
353 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·

·
Aimstinctivist
774 Posts
2.-However only the shooters who hold the Spanish nationality will be eligible for the Spanish Champion title on any of the events. Those shooters who do not have Spanish nationality will be eligible for the International best shooter prize.

This implies international shooters cannot become champion, regardless of performance. Is that the case?

Slippery slope here...

·
Registered
353 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
The classification will be mixed, national and abroad shooters.

The difference is in the prize ceremony. First, second and third spanish may not be first second and third on the overall classification.
Abroad shooter will have their prizes/trophies apart.

Reactions: MakoPat

·
Registered
566 Posts
As good a reason as I can think of to go abroad. Hope it’s a smash hit, but knowing the Spanish as I do, I know it will be!

·
Super Moderator
6,607 Posts
Hola Gabo! Nice to hear from you again. Good luck with your tournament!

·
Registered
353 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Wow - there is a minuscule, but a possibility for me to be there. Need to check the distance and transport links from Lisbon to Cadiz :)
if you need help ,let me know. Cadiz is a very touritic city. I highly suggest you to book accomodation asap. The longer you take, less chances to find a good place close to the venue.

Reactions: MakoPat and Tag

·
Super Moderator
6,191 Posts
I'm not sure if I'd be in the area just yet. Will only be able to plan once that happens.

Sure there will be flights or possibly train from Lisbon.

Will shout when I know more.

·
Registered
1,323 Posts
The event regulations allow for all types of slingshots: does this also include Chinese-style flat band slingshots with fiber optic sights?

Could you please advise whether there are specific laws regarding the temporary import of a slingshot & steel ammo in hold luggage when passing through customs? It would be a major nuisance if the slingshot was confiscated...Spain seems to have fairly strict laws for slingshots deemed "perfeccionadas": what exactly does this mean?

I am considering taking part, me parece muy bonito.

·
Registered
353 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
The event regulations allow for all types of slingshots: does this also include Chinese-style flat band slingshots with fiber optic sights?

Yes of course. As long as the slingshot is not wrist braced (Barnett Pro diablo) for example, or any other kind of homemade or commercial slingshot which are forbidden , the rest is allowed, including sights.

Which give us a lot of options and setups.

Could you please advise whether there are specific laws regarding the temporary import of a slingshot & steel ammo in hold luggage when passing through customs? It would be a major nuisance if the slingshot was confiscated...Spain seems to have fairly strict laws for slingshots deemed "perfeccionadas": what exactly does this mean?

I have taken flights to compete internationally to Italyaand UK and I have never have a problem. But it's essential to remember this, NEVER IN YOUR HAND LUGGAGE.

Save the ammo and the slingshots in your checked luggage.

By 'perfeccionadas' in spanish actually mean 'improved' which is the way that the spanish weapon law refer to wrist braced slingshots.

Please sorry for the delay answering your questions I'll try to be quicker next time. I don't check the forums too often.

I'll happy to help.

Reactions: Pebble Shooter

·
Registered
353 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
The 18th spanish Nationals have come to an end and I can proudly say I bring home some trophies.

I've won alongside my father and one friend the speed shot event.That has been one of the greatest sensations I felt after winning the World cup representing Spain.

We're spanish fastest shooters this year.????

This has been a very challenging year as the ban of the spanish slingshots by the police have made most of us to train and get the hang of a natural fork in a very short time. Most people was still accurate and didn't care about the ban.

I managed to classify 2nd out of 77 shooters in the warm ups on Friday .It gave me both pressure and **** of a confidence at the same time. But on Saturaday on the single event at 10 meters (considered the mos timportant one) finally classified overall 18th on the event over 79 men.

Because of the ban, there were slightly less registrations because some people didn't bother to come. There were also 22 women and 18 kids registered.

Brilliant atmosphere as always. Throughly enjoyed the event and meeting new friends which in my opinion is what I enjoy the most. I even was featured onthe local newspaper.

Next stop: French Nationals in November .

Hereunder you guys can see we take our Nationals championship as serious as the Chinese.

Short video

Long video

Press report : https://www.diariodejerez.es/jerez/Guadalcacin-Campeonato-Espana-Tirachinas_0_1378662601.html

Whats-App-Image-2019-08-07-at-12-44-21-P

Posing with Jinping Dai, a chinese shooter and boss of www.slingshooting.com, one of the sponsor of the Nationals.

IMG-20190803-113637.jpg

Me in action

On the judges table, there was displayed a TV to follow the current classification.

IMG-20190803-102041.jpg

1st classified badge for the speed shot event

Whats-App-Image-2019-08-07-at-12-33-14-P

Table displaying all the trophies andprizes for the different events.

IMG-20190804-102230.jpg

Local newspaper I was featured on the bottom picture

Whats-App-Image-2019-08-07-at-12-33-14-P

I really hope taking the time to gather the pictures was worth the time for all of you to enjoy.

Incase you have any further questions ordoubtsabout how we do it in Spain,please don't hesitate to ask.

1St place on the podium with my father

Whats-App-Image-2019-08-07-at-12-31-49-P

Top 25 classification on the single event

Miguel Angel my team mate with my father and I on the center seconds before shooting our round.

We used an already shot target totake this creative picture.

Our team posing with the trophies and prizes

IMG-20190804-134513.jpg

I hope the time taken gathering the pictures was worth the time for all you guys to enjoy. In case there are questions or doubts about how we do it here, i will be glad to answer.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts