Slingshots Forum banner
1 - 20 of 2028 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,278 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Happy New Year All! This year I am going to see how many cans total I can kill for the entire year. I will be rotating through my collection throughout the year.

I encourage all those who want to join me and post their kills throughout the year on this thread. This is open to all.

All can kills must be at least 33'. *Honor System* Videos are welcome, but not necessary. A picture of your kill and your choice of slingshot and any size ammo you use is fine. Please show the number of cans in your picture.

To help you kickstart this personal challenge, I will hold a drawing for a used Simple Shot Torque Slingshot to motivate you guys to shoot. It has a couple of fork hits. I got this slingshot from a member of the forum who didn't like it. I'm passing it along as well because it doesn't fit too well for my hand.

To join the drawing:

Just post your first can cut for 2020 on this thread between 01/01/20 and 01/07/20. I know some of you have already posted your first can cut for this year already on another thread. You can post the same one to enter.

I will conduct the drawing on 01/08/20 before midnight.

After that, your personal challenge for the year begins. There's no rush or pressure. I know life gets busy and people forget. This is for your personal goal and for all of us to have fun.

Let the slicing n dicing begin! SLING-ON!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,278 Posts
Here's my first can cut for 2020! Frameless from inside my car into my new 1' x 1' portable catchbox. So much fun! It's hard to have an excuse not to shoot with this kind of set up! Oops sorry I forgot to show my ammo, but I used 3/8 steel. I was about 36' out and it took 35 hits.
 

Attachments

·
Amateur
Joined
·
2,568 Posts
Great idea. Hope you get some takers on the challenge. I had thought about keeping a can count this year as well, but knowing me, I'll probably forget to keep tally and lose count fairly quickly and i rarely take pics of them. Even now im struggling to remember if my last cut was on the 31st or the 1st, hmmm maybe more coffee might help...

That's a generous giveaway to get people going! I've already got a torque that i barely get along with, so I'll take a pass on the giveaway portion.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,071 Posts
Great thread and thanks for the giveaway.

My first can cut for 2020 was in my basement, where I am limited to about 25 feet. To make it a bit more challenging, I shot a vintage Trumark WS-1, with SPRI exercise bands, 3/8" steel shot, and a fake suede pouch laminated with duct tape. 90% of the shots were "instinctive"and the other 10% used the top fork as an aiming point. Still dialing this slingshot in. It looks like I will be shooting it instinctive going forward.

This can held on by the last thread through quite a few hits.

Happy new year to all can cutters.

First Can Cut 2020.jpg
 

Attachments

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,278 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Great thread and thanks for the giveaway.

My first can cut for 2020 was in my basement, where I am limited to about 25 feet. To make it a bit more challenging, I shot a vintage Trumark WS-1, with SPRI exercise bands, 3/8" steel shot, and a fake suede pouch laminated with duct tape. 90% of the shots were "instinctive"and the other 10% used the top fork as an aiming point. Still dialing this slingshot in. It looks like I will be shooting it instinctive going forward.

This can held on by the last thread through quite a few hits.

Happy new year to all can cutters.

attachicon.gif
First Can Cut 2020.jpg
Blue Raja, awesome shoot'n brotha and awesome vintage frame! You chopped that one down to size! Nice kill!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,071 Posts
Killed this can with my brand new Bonegrip OTT!

This frame is amazingly comfortable. 3/8 steel, 37 hits.

Stay tuned for a review of this frame in a couple of days! Love it!

Sling-On!
3/8 steel and 37 hits - fantastic! Looking forward to your review.

Where did you get the Bonegrip from?
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
3,228 Posts
I love it.

I need goals and peer pressure to meet the goals. haha...

Can cutting was a huge milestone for me. I was stuck on an accuracy plateau. Soneone suggested cutting a can...It was addictive getting that last little bit.

1st one this year was with my new Bilbrey Natty.
 

Attachments

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,278 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Killed this can with my brand new Bonegrip OTT!
This frame is amazingly comfortable. 3/8 steel, 37 hits.
Stay tuned for a review of this frame in a couple of days! Love it!
Sling-On!
3/8 steel and 37 hits - fantastic! Looking forward to your review.

Where did you get the Bonegrip from?
Thanks bro, trying to bring the hit count lower!

The genius behind the Bonegrip is Terry Taylor. You can order at: [email protected]
I hope you get one. You will not be disappointed!

Sling-On!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,278 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I love it.
I need goals and peer pressure to meet the goals. haha...
Can cutting was a huge milestone for me. I was stuck on an accuracy plateau. Soneone suggested cutting a can...It was addictive getting that last little bit.
1st one this year was with my new Bilbrey Natty.
Awesome kill bro and beautiful natty! Keep 'em coming!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,071 Posts
"Awesome shooting bro! About how many hits for that kill with that bad boy?"

Thank you, sir! I wish I had kept count. It usually takes me about 40 shots with a Trumark WS-1. The Kit Fox Hybrid hits hard and is very accurate. It demolished the can with about half the shots. I often have trouble with the last shot, when the can is hanging by a thread of metal. The Kit Fox blasted right through it. I would estimate 20 to 25 shots. I will keep count next time.

Perry designed this to shoot 1/2" steel shot, which I am reluctant to shoot indoors. So, I swapped out his heavy tube band set for the SPRi flats to shoot 3/8" steel shot.
 
1 - 20 of 2028 Posts
Top