Slingshots Forum banner
1 - 20 of 1077 Posts

·
Registered
3,286 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Welcome friends, family, beginners, intermediate, and advanced shooters! Happy New Year to All! Because you guys made my last year's challenge so much fun and many of you were asking if it would continue on for 2021, I've decided to continue this can cut challenge. I was thinking about it, we do need a number to compare to. I mean kill'n cans is so much fun and it never gets old anyways! Lol

This Is open to all. We will stick to the same rules:

All can kills, for the most part, must be at least 33'. *Honor System* I understand because of the winter we are limited to the distance in our homes. Videos are welcome, but not necessary. A picture of your kill and your choice of slingshot and any size ammo you use is fine. Please show the number of cans in your picture. Cans should be empty.

A new rule, you can suspend the can either vertically or horizontally.

A fun side personal challenge, you can count the number of shots to kill a can if you wish. They say not all cans are created equal. Nevertheless, it's still fun and satisfying when you get a low shot count! If you decide to take this side challenge, it's the total number of shots to slice the can including misses. My overall best cut count was 8 with 3/8 steelys. Jhm757 got one in 3 shots- (2) 3/8 and (1) marble. Tombo had a whopping 2 shot kill!

There's no rush or pressure. I know life gets busy and people forget. This is for your own personal goal and for all of us to have fun. I just ask you guys to please be patient with me as far as when I release the monthly count and send out the prizes because they may be late. I will do a giveaway quarterly to help keep you guys going.

To help you kickstart this personal challenge, I will hold a giveaway for a used WASP Delta Wing Slingshot to motivate you guys to shoot. I won this slingshot in another can contest. I'm passing it along because it doesn't fit too well for my hand.

To join the giveaway:

Your can kill for January must be in the double digits. I will do the draw on the first week of February and post the video.

It's Killer Time! Happy sling'n and.....
SLING-ON!

Attachments

·
Registered
114 Posts
My first can cut for 2021!

I unrolled a seltzer can with 5/16 hex nuts from my Wham-O sportsman. I was using precise yellow bands. The can would not cut after more than 40 shots. I switched to 1/4 inch shot and I was able to sever a few strands aluminum. I got two cuts out of it!
74cfd8d2fa242cce0555f4c630c9bba6.jpg

56d9f96ccb3cf2611baff8b36caa90cc.jpg

28789a1c7c3a60043564506334010223.jpg

Thanks Covert5 for keeping the cannihilation going!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
3,286 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
My first can cut for 2021!
I unrolled a seltzer can with 5/16 hex nuts from my Wham-O sportsman. I was using precise yellow bands. The can would not cut after more than 40 shots. I switched to 1/4 inch shot and I was able to sever a few strands aluminum. I got two cuts out of it!
74cfd8d2fa242cce0555f4c630c9bba6.jpg
56d9f96ccb3cf2611baff8b36caa90cc.jpg
28789a1c7c3a60043564506334010223.jpg

Thanks Covert5 for keeping the cannihilation going!
Awesome! Way to start it off Meltonactual and with a classic frame!

·
Premium Member
3,275 Posts
Just let me begin by saying...

"Woooooooooo!!!"

Maximum Wooo has been achieved.

C5,

That cherry wood Chubby Turtle was a challenge to build. I am beyond honored you love to shoot it and started 2021's CC with it. That cherry tree was cut and milled in 1919 in a little place called Short Mtn. TN. By the way they have a distillery now and some of the last of the American Chestnut trees (if they're any left.)

Also it is exciting to see a slingshot and know who the shooter is! That Nibbler Natty and PortBoy's handy work are like a 'Z' cut on a door.

And a Wham-O with hex nuts with a double cut! I'm feeling a bit of nostalgia right now, MeltonActual. Niiice!

Looking forward to a horizontal can target. I'd never have thought of hanging a can that way.

This year I am going to do my best to shoot only natural tree fork flips (one exception is my Fat LBS due to my arthritic hands. It was a shaped skate deck CORE that somehow I talked J5 into letting me finish myself with oversized bamboo. Y'all know the man's a perfectionist and artist. So it was a big leap of trust on his part and kind if scary/nerve wrecking on my end.)

I have recieved so many awesome natties from SSF people I wantbto soend some time with each one. I always tell knew shooters make a natty when they ask which slingshot should I get/is the best/etc...

1. You learn most of the necessary skills by the time you're shooting.
2. It is FUN.
3. It's the most iconic and classic.
4. They're all unique.
5. They literally grow on trees.

All this said. I will be trying to beat my 2020 personal count of 159 cans cut. Not all of these where at 33' and I did often count my shots fired and hits. But due to my limited draw length, hence low power, the numbers are always high and I lose track. Haha...

S'gonna be great fun, slingers and flipsters.

Oh yeah, we love pics. So here are likely 2 of my main shooters for 2021, LBS and my Mi'kmaq Warrior in apple . Next will be my cedar Opinel No.8 by Drew Bilbrey.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
3,275 Posts
First can but I used two different frames and lots shots. And of course my pics r upside down
Hey Jason,

How is that Imp? I want one, but my dedication to natties this year will end abruptly if I get one. Haha... I may have to find a fork and make an Imp-like natty. Hahaha...

Wasp sure makes some good designs. It kightbtime fir me to collect a few and just put up til 2022.

·
Registered
114 Posts
Two more cans went to the big smelter in the sky (actually to the recycle bin).

The first was with my frameless rig and a mix of 1/4 and 3/8 shot.

The second was dispatched rather quickly. I think it was 20 shots. I had 16 5/16 hex nuts in my pocket. I shot through all of them and recollected them from the box. I fired off 4 more to cut through it. I'm the product of a rather math poor public school system. I think that makes 20 shots.
e735339ae562b872751ea99ac6755165.jpg
3d5cfb95b53c932385156e04ffaf8368.jpg

Now I'm 3 for 3 for January. Let the cannihilation continue!

1 - 20 of 1077 Posts