Slingshots Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
386 Posts
Hello everyone I just wondering what the title is asking. I know if I am asking I shouldn't be hunting and it's true, I am not but would like to practice how I play so I am looking to see if this setup is good or do I need to change something. I do normal face anchor draw.
Thanks in advance.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

·
So Many Marbles ------------- So Little Time ;-)
4,377 Posts
Here are a couple of photos of one of my super cheap Chinese wire slings set ups (front and back) with 2040 tubes. I shot this sling today in the desert using 3/8 (9.5mm) steel. I was zinging these steelies out in ranges of 20-40 yards and they were getting there quick and hit pretty darn hard. ... IMHO hard enough for Starlings, and Pigeons for sure. I'm sure in the ranges of 20-30 yards a head shot on a rabbit/squirrel wound give you a nice rabbit dinner.

My static length is ~6.5"ish and my draw is about 32+" ish to my earlobe under my aiming eye. The pouch is a Chinese microfiber and is just big enough to hold the ball securely !

2040%20Sling%20Back%20sm_2.png

2040%20Sling%20Front%20sm_4.png

Hope this helps a little.

wll

·
Registered
386 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Here are a couple of photos of one of my super cheap Chinese wire slings set ups (front and back) with 2040 tubes. I shot this sling today in the desert using 3/8 (9.5mm) steel. I was zinging these steelies out in ranges of 20-40 yards and they were getting there quick and hit pretty darn hard. ... IMHO hard enough for Starlings, and Pigeons for sure. I'm sure in the ranges of 20-30 yards a head shot on a rabbit/squirrel wound give you a nice rabbit dinner.

My static length is ~6.5"ish and my draw is about 32+" ish to my earlobe under my aiming eye. The pouch is a Chinese microfiber and is just big enough to hold the ball securely !

2040%20Sling%20Back%20sm_2.png

2040%20Sling%20Front%20sm_4.png

Hope this helps a little.

wll
Awesome thanks :)

·
Registered
386 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I guess everyone has their opinion in this things, what does he recommend then? Is it possible for you to send the link so I can read around? Thanks :)

·
Premium Member
3,894 Posts
Talked to Jim Harris about 10 minutes ago. He says 18/42s is what he uses and never past 20 yards. He hunts rabbits and squirrels. I know other tube shooters like 17/45 for hunting.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

·
Registered
386 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Talked to Jim Harris about 10 minutes ago. He says 18/42s is what he uses and never past 20 yards. He hunts rabbits and squirrels. I know other tube shooters like 17/45 for hunting.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
Awesome thanks, really appreciate it :)

·
So Many Marbles ------------- So Little Time ;-)
4,377 Posts
Where did you get the frames from please. Just remember the light the set-up the more accurate you have to place the shot
The frames i bought from Amazon or Ebay a few years ago ... was tying to get a few more but the price is to high for what they are ... They are very cheap wire bent frames but they work very, very well when customized.

wll

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.