Slingshots Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
273 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have tested some 1745 rubbers and they are extremely fast. But have also seeing that in 8 strands mood some chinese hunters choose 2040. Does anyone have yet tested those and can share some info?
thanks

·
Registered
316 Posts
They arent as fast as 1745.. Nor as hard to pull which is why they are used instead for 8 strand.

·
Registered
273 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
thankyou Njenkins, would you think thery are good enaught for small game hunting? Or recomend 1745? I have been shoting for years 55 libs hunting bow confortably, but with slingshot I always feel way better in accuracy if I stay just under my personal limits

·
Registered
1,561 Posts
4 strand 1745* or 8 strand 2040* as good as each other I hit a duck from a great distance around 120 feet and took it out using 4 strand 1745*.I dont shoot at game very often usually target shooting but these band set up's will do the job.

·
Registered
273 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
tube pull copmarision
2040<1842<1642<1745<2047<2550<2050
good point danny, but my quest is about effectivness more than pulling force as Crazyslingshote jet stated. I tried some 1745 in 4 strands with BB 9,5 and 11 mm and was not enthusiast. Not a long range shooting nor so quick. I have not a crony and had not time to create an impact test jet, but a set of black 2040 in 8 strands with 9,5mm seems faster and so appears 4 strands yellow theratubing. Green and blue theratubing wich request both way more strengh, did not seems to add add more penetrating or range.
What are you using for Your's hunt?

G

·
tube pull copmarision
good point danny, but my quest is about effectivness more than pulling force as Crazyslingshote jet stated. I tried some 1745 in 4 strands with BB 9,5 and 11 mm and was not enthusiast. Not a long range shooting nor so quick. I have not a crony and had not time to create an impact test jet, but a set of black 2040 in 8 strands with 9,5mm seems faster and so appears 4 strands yellow theratubing. Green and blue theratubing wich request both way more strengh, did not seems to add add more penetrating or range.

[/quote]

i often use 1745 in 4 strands with BB 9,not 9.5,actually 1745 in 4 strands not big power enough for hunting.,normally i use 2047 and 2050 in 4 srands with BB 9.5-10mm.i do not like 8 trands,too many pieces.
recently i got new model tube 2052,i will try to test it,maybe 17KG pull.

·
Registered
399 Posts
Generally, Being thinner means greater initial velocity.
8 strand 2040 , if used properly, creates much greater power than other setup of bigger tubing.

tube pull copmarision
[/quote]

·
Registered
316 Posts
I wonder if we will end up in seperate nuthouses for our endless quest for "perfect" rubber. My route I'm choosing is shooting a bunch of different stuff seeing what I like and what I don't. It seems to be going fairly well so far and I'm learning the characteristics of the different types, which is important. But I don't really sweat the details and small stuff yet..

·
Registered
1,561 Posts
It would be better to reduce the length of your setup with 1745 tubing for greater pulling force rather than using the tubing bigger than 1745.
I agree you do need to get this right other shooters with these bands took off the ones they were supplied with because they felt they were too short at 13cm.Until it was suggested we put them on and give them another go, to my surprise the bands were to long for me and I cut 10mm off, the length they are at now is 12cm and work a treat.very powerful and do shoot long distance with accuracy no problem.

·
Registered
1,561 Posts
tube pull copmarision2040<1842<1642<1745<2047<2550<2050
good point danny, but my quest is about effectivness more than pulling force as Crazyslingshote jet stated. I tried some 1745 in 4 strands with BB 9,5 and 11 mm and was not enthusiast. Not a long range shooting nor so quick. I have not a crony and had not time to create an impact test jet, but a set of black 2040 in 8 strands with 9,5mm seems faster and so appears 4 strands yellow theratubing. Green and blue theratubing wich request both way more strengh, did not seems to add add more penetrating or range.What are you using for Your's hunt?[/quote]i often use 1745 in 4 strands with BB 9,not 9.5,actually 1745 in 4 strands not big power enough for hunting.,normally i use 2047 and 2050 in 4 srands with BB 9.5-10mm.i do not like 8 trands,too many pieces.recently i got new model tube 2052,i will try to test it,maybe 17KG pull.

[/quote]
I have to disagree they are definitely 9.5mm steel I use and certainly are strong enough to take game at long distance having taken a duck at the greatest distance and two pigeons so far,two have been taken using 9.5mm steel and the latest which was yesterday was a pigeon from around 50ft using 6mm steel as small as it is it did the job.I dont go hunting just out walking the dog and take my slingshot with me an opportunist really.

·
Registered
78 Posts
hey crazyslingshot,yes i am. just geneics and a lifetime of hard physical labor. i will not comment on band sets anymore.i am sorry.

·
Member, Brotherhood of Slingshot Nutz
11,245 Posts
hey crazyslingshot,yes i am. just geneics and a lifetime of hard physical labor. i will not comment on band sets anymore.i am sorry.
Hi keeco, Me too. But wait till the arthritis sets in!

·
Registered
782 Posts
I been using (after much experimenting) 2040-4 tubes (standard setup) in my dankungs, with 31 inch draw with luck, have tried other setups, but like this the best for my shooters, they will bounce 200 grain lead filled 3/8 hex nut, 44 cal lead ball, 5/16 steel ball off a water tower 100 yards away and 100 ft tall, and really make some racket, that's a far piece and high up in the air, soo I figure they are good enough,, my Flatbands 2 per side on my over the top shooters do the same thing, soo,, I'm just saying what I do and what I got.
I also shoot ***** and squirrels and a few rabbits with small lightweight clay balls at long distances so I won't kill them, they sure do run tho, (just don't want to kill the small critters)

1 - 20 of 27 Posts