Slingshots Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
152 Posts
Hi all

When I bought this .22 ShinSung Career some nutjob had fitted an export kit, when filled with air the first few shots were around 80ft lbs, Here in the UK we're only allowed 12ft lbs without a firearms certificate, It was so loud even with a moderator fitted that I darent use it!! :hmm: I only was getting thirty shots before it needed filling again!!

I stripped it and chopped the oversized hammer spring down, The transfer port should have been swapped for a smaller one as the hole in this one is about 4mm, I didn't have a sub 12 one so I messed with the thumbwheel that limits the travel of the valve, I managed to get it down to 10.8ft lbs, If I turned it up by one notch the muzzle energy rose up to 14.5ft lbs :banghead:

I wouldn't take a shot at something like a Coyote even with this at the full output :(

nDteSHX.jpg

It's leaking like crazy now so I think whilst resealing it, I'll make a transfer port on my lathe of around 2mm and hope that I can set it better as i've wound the thumbwheel so far back that the lever doesn't sit flush with the frame!! :iono:

I have a lot of guns which cost me much money so I wouldn't risk losing them by having one with an illegal output :thumbsup:

John :wave:

·
Registered
152 Posts
"What's your power output like? I am so wanting one of these ShinSung careers..."

I've reduced it down to a legal level (below 12ft lbs) as I don't hold a firearms certificate and didn't want locking up for having an illegal firearm!

It was actually doing 10.8ft lbs with JSB Exacts, One more notch of the adjustor sent it way over our legal limit! :hmm: It leaks like crazy now (As does my other one!!) and so neither get used!! I'm going to order a couple of seal kits from Ebay :)

I once took it to work on nighshift (I work in a foundry) I lined two car body filler tins (5 litre tins) in our burning booth and fired a couple of shots at them! The shots went through both tins and knocked a load of steel spatter off the back of the booth :eek: :eek: Trouble was that it sounded like a shotgun going off!!! :thumbsdown:

John :)

Cheers, John

1 - 2 of 2 Posts