Slingshots Forum banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Super Moderator
10,981 Posts
I know this is old but to anyone else interested Go check out the Gateway to airguns Forum! They actually know their stuff when it comes to airgins. There was a guy who went by the name of shadow who regularly took raccoon and opossum with the B-00 brand of chinese made .177 air rifle. Only one of his guns were over 14ft lbs of energy, said gun was a gamo hunter extreme at 26 ftlbs that drove tacks at 25 yards. It was his COYOTE gun. He was a well respected airgun (tuner) and hobbyist alot of his posts are still up.
Yep ... and there have been a lot of deer taken with a .22 rim fire. BUT in all jurisdictions with which I am familiar, it is illegal to hunt deer with a .22 rim fire ... and with good reason. MOST folks will just wound a deer with a .22. Carrying on, I have been shooting air rifles for years ... I have killed raccoons with a high velocity .22 air rifle. BUT that was done at fairly close range with a shot directly between the eyes. SOMEONE might kill a coyote with a .22 or .25 air rifle under very special circumstances, but MOST will just wound it. If you insist on using an air rifle for coyotes, then I would urge one of the big bores ... a .45 or .50, perhaps one of the Sam Yang rifles:

http://www.pyramydair.com/m/Sam-Yang/18

Cheers .... Charles

1 - 1 of 1 Posts