Slingshots Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
386 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone, I hope everyone is doing well.
I just wanted to share my new experience with 3/4 Butterfly, and man what an experience it is and a "life changer".
I just started this yesterday and man does it feel good and I seem to be a bit more accurate than with my short draw. Although I sometimes get a slight "kiss" from the bands on my cheek that wakes me up and makes me focus again
My short draw is 29in and with the 3/4 Butterfly it went to 40in.
I've know that with butterfly style draws you can get higher speeds and lighter pulls and experiencing this is just and amazing feeling for someone like me that never shot butterfly style.
I can feel the higher speed and the lighter pull (obviously) with a 20-15 taper 3/4 Butterfly over my short draw with 23-18 taper shooting 3/8 (9.5) steel. (Bands .76 GZK Black)
I still am a little nervous of trying out full butterfly so for now I will just enjoy and get better with this 3/4 and eventually will give full a try.
If anyone has a better taper for 3/8 steel and .76 bands (since it's all I have) please let me know or let me know what other band thickness and taper will give you the highest speed with 3/8 since that's what I exclusively shoot :).
That's all I wanted to share thanks for looking. :)
db8eeb48c7e517a33324c260e6e3df1c.jpg

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
3,103 Posts
Your going to love the longer draw, and I guarantee before you know it you will be stretching it out to full butter before you even realize it.

As for cuts, I even go lighter. .65 elastic cut 1/2 to 3/8 (12.5x9.5mm) is all kinds for 3/8. You'll be amazed by the speed and how little elastic you can use.

·
Registered
386 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Your going to love the longer draw, and I guarantee before you know it you will be stretching it out to full butter before you even realize it.

As for cuts, I even go lighter. .65 elastic cut 1/2 to 3/8 (12.5x9.5mm) is all kinds for 3/8. You'll be amazed by the speed and how little elastic you can use.
Thanks man I'll sure give it a try :)

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

1 - 5 of 5 Posts