Slingshots Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hello, I was wondering if 3 tube slingshots were actually any good. I bought a 3 tube slingshot (3 holes on each side for a tube with a bearing in it to sit) and I kind of feel like I got ripped off because, other than adding padding, I can't add flat bands. I just bought some Dankung looped (two looped bands) bands from simple-shot, one heavy and one medium (I'm using 3/8 inch steel) since it has such sharp edges, would the looped bands last anywhere as long as I need them to? Also can someone please clarify the difference between the numbers when it comes to bands/tubes? like 1048... I'm sorry if I got that wrong, my internet seems to be HORRIBLE.... Also what the sizes mean.

Just so you know, I won't hunt anything bigger than birds unless I can head-shot every time (it may be near impossible but if I get 9/10 times, I consider that qualified.)

Thank you for reading this and any replies. Please let me know if you need any info, sorry but FPS is impossible for me to measure.

·
Registered
367 Posts
Since you are worried about the sharp edges; maybe look into gypsy tabs.

They can be made from leather strips and attached with some machine screws. Paracord is probably another option.

Here is a link to a site showing a lot of the ways of attaching bands.

Also, just search the forum here for gypsy tabs and you'll find lots of great info and examples.

The good thing about this option is you can attach tubes or flat bands.

The tube numbering refers to outer and inner diameters of the tubing in mm: https://slingshotforum.com/topic/13848-dankung-tube-sizes-explained/

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
@mattwalt Thanks, Yeah I know it is, I had lost a bb somehow so I had to take one from a screwed tube and it surprised me how easily it went in and moved through it. Considering I'm getting looped bands today I'll probably try to find some paracord because even though it's made for tubes, It seems like looped bands would get compromised quickly because of these edges, I figured with loops I would have to put one side on the top and bottom holes and the other the same but like I said lol edges. So paracord is the winner *clap track* Thank you!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts