Slingshots Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
338 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm VERY fortunate to have more than a few acres of old growth hardwood forest on my property - We had a BAD wind/rain storm the other day and it blew a lot limbs down so I set out to find some natural forked limbs and I though some of you might get a kick out of this one - The pic shows 3 different views of the same limb - I'm thinking I'll have to study this before I do any more cutting on it :what: :hmm: :huh: The handle section is close to 1" in diameter - In the meantime I've got and will find more possible natural forks than I'll probably have time to finish!

Attachments

·
Amateur
2,576 Posts
That's a cool tri fork! If it were me, I'd probably do something that works off the natural curve/angle of the forks, kind of like a recurve ergo or something. Looking forward to seeing what you come up with.

This thread reminded me that I need to decide what to do with this quad fork I salvaged a while back from a damaged red maple.

Hand Plant Wood Human body Finger
Wood Textile Gesture Finger Thumb
White Watch Gesture Finger Wood

Attachments

·
Registered
338 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
That's a cool tri fork! If it were me, I'd probably do something that works off the natural curve/angle of the forks, kind of like a recurve ergo or something. Looking forward to seeing what you come up with.

This thread reminded me that I need to decide what to do with this quad fork I salvaged a while back from a damaged red maple.

attachicon.gif
qf1.jpg
attachicon.gif
qf2.jpg
attachicon.gif
qf3.jpgd
GOOD LUCK!!!!

·
Premium Member
9,947 Posts
You can decide which fork you like and insert a tennis ball and wire the top until it dries. Leave the forks a bit longer next time in case splitting ocures during the drying process. Be sure to show us what comes out.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts