Slingshots Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
474 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have been meaning to post these for awhile but I am a terrible procrastinator and I wasn't sure they were worthy. Any way here they are. The first one is made from Crabapple wood and oiled with Tung oil. The second one is Manitoba Elm and the exposed wood is oiled with tung oil. The jute covers up the fact that I cut the bark down too far. The third one is DouglasFir. I liked the look of the bark which is why I made this one . The disc on the butt is a slice of 1x4 with a wood burned design to cover up some worm holes. They all shoot well although I am still messing with different bands for each one until I find a good combination. They all have band grooves. Thanks for looking.
Wood Gesture Finger Thumb Nail
Hand Gesture Wood Thumb Finger
Creative arts Art Twig Wood Metal
Product Wood Tool Metal Sword
Creative arts Twig Art Fashion accessory Natural material
Plant Twig Wood Metal Natural material
Hand Watch Wood Finger Gesture

·
Registered
474 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Oh, with a round file! Great work. May I steal the design sometime? 😊
Sure. Go ahead. Do you mean the texturing or the dimensions? I am probably not the first to use the round file for mark making. The dimensions are mostly just how the fork ended up although the outside fork width I was specific with.

·
Registered
474 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Good job on all of them👍🏼 I have never shot a natty, but I think the last one would be the most comfortable in my hand. This type of tree forks seems good to grip.
Thanks for looking. I was worried that the gap on the last one would be too narrow resulting in hand and / or fork hits but so far none. It is pretty comfortable.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts