Slingshots Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2,100 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Have made a How-To video again, this time with only one thing in the focus:

POWER.

So I had to make a metal slingshot, but without welding - therefore, heavy bolts and nuts have been used. It had to be the "W" design as this is simply the most efficient frame I ever encountered (thanks to Bill Herriman again, who pointed this out to me some time ago).

I followed Dan's "core" idea and removed the fancy things a power slingshot does not need - no rotating handle, no hinges, straight forward.

The slingshot came out great!

I glued the grip and fork tubes over the threaded bolts, which holds 110%.

In the time the glue needed to harden, I quickly made a "Mini W". You actually hold it with two fingers against the fork and with the middle finger around the grip. Not bad! Could even make it smaller.

The picture with both slingshots also shows the ammo I used in the video (which will come up later), 18 mm hex nuts (41 gramms), bonecrushers (70 gramms) , and 30 mm steel balls (120 gramms). In comparison, I added a 3/8th (9.5 mm) steel ball...

I am shooting it with two strips of Thera Black per side, 14cm x 6cm x 20cm.

Regards

Jörg

·
Registered
3,147 Posts
Great work, it never fails to amaze me how you can keep coming up with new ideas...

·
Super Moderator
6,679 Posts
Great work Joerg! The German Steel Industry loves you and thanks you for your continued support!!!!!! ( Really love the little guy!)
Flatband

·
~Pouch Maker~
15,472 Posts
Hervorragende hervorragende! Jörg, you look very schön with your new Safety Goggles...

Oh, 20mm is tiniest for you, Still I have not started go to 16mm

1 - 8 of 8 Posts