Slingshots Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
4,721 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Here are three slingshots based on a design I tweaked till I came up these. The design is also tweaked to this point with new shooters in mind (and that would be me too).

The main design feature I really like in them, is the on the back side of the cattys they have a groove especially for end part of the middle finger. The deepened groove in the back is naturally used by the middle finger to grip, this helps to find more easily the same grip position in the hand. I also noted, this groove, for sure, utilizes the strongest finger for a good grip. And seems to facilitate a relaxed grip.

And those fork hits on the pine one. You know they are part of the design. Just for character of course.

DSC01076.JPG DSC01035.JPG DSC01036.JPG DSC01073.JPG DSC01074.JPG DSC01075.JPG DSC01081.JPG

Attachments

·
Registered
4,721 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks Keeko,

I know it would have been more appealing to post them in perfected form and finish. I was too impatient to either clean up these or make new ones. Although the design without the bands is about as refined as it is going to get. It is shaped on both sides for shooting either hand or flip it around, having the left fork now on the the right side. It's all about hand shape and size.

My favorite slingshot is the one with the blue bands. It is very comfortable to shoot. My favorite to shoot at present.

·
Premium Member
3,465 Posts
I like the form. You should consider recasting them in PU resin.

·
Brotherhood Of The Slingshot Nutz
2,153 Posts
Very cool slingshots! I like them all !

·
Registered
4,721 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I like the form. You should consider recasting them in PU resin.
Coincidental you mention casting. I had thought about casting my favorite one but had not researched how to cast something. And would need to know a good material for the final cast.

Is PU resin good for a catty, sounds like it would stink.

Thanks for the suggestion. This will help me to make some aside from wood. Making it of wood means hand shaping to the original carved shape. Not always up for that. But with the mold created "voila!".

Of course in wood they will be much more attractive. With resins, if different colors can be used together in the pouring, they could be interesting.

I have a couple of wood varieties I need to laminate to increase the strength when I make another in real wood.

·
Member, Brotherhood of Slingshot Nutz
11,245 Posts
Ray, you make a nice slingshot. Looks like you put a lot of time into them. Vry cool.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts