Slingshots Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Tex-shooter
4,493 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I started shooting again just before Bill Hays came down with a 6 month old set of Saunders bands on my pouch and frame. They already over 2000 shots on them . Today they broke with just a little over 3000 shots on them.

DSCF3577.JPG

Attachments

·
Ray Rowden
2,429 Posts
That's great durability!

Looks about 1 inch doubles.

How much are you stretching them?

About 4 times the relaxed length?

·
Tex-shooter
4,493 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
That's great durability!

Looks about 1 inch doubles.

How much are you stretching them?

About 4 times the relaxed length?
About 3 1/2, the bands are Saunders patented comp and shape which gives longer life and good speed also.

Reactions: KawKan

·
Tex-shooter
4,493 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·

·
Tex-shooter
4,493 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Saunders blacks are the longest flats that I have found, but to get longer shooting life with any bands shoot heavier shot at a slower speed and the heavier shot also generates more power. I shoot 1/2 steel when practicing at about 170 FPS and then if I want to hunt, I shoot 44 cal lead (same weight, same trajectory and speed at normal hunting ranges). 170 FPS with that weight is enough power to kill small game! Also the 1/2 inch steel at 170 is easier on your backstop.

·
Registered
1,071 Posts
Thanks, Bill. Great insights. I am a target/recreational shooter. I find that I am way more accurate with lighter bands. Of course, when I shoot outdoors, I want heavier bands. And then there are times when I want velocity so extra heavy bands. One if the many great things about slingshots - so many options!

·
Tex-shooter
4,493 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
OK, the last set broke on Aug 13 and I broke this set tonight. I know within about a day the number of days that I shot and the number of shots each day and this set of Saunders Black Mamba's lasted about 2300 shots. here is a photo of the broken bands and pouch.

DSCF3710.JPG

Attachments

·
Tex-shooter
4,493 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Well I took 1/2 of the broken band set and retied it with the same pouch on this little fellow for a China Berry or Clod-Popper shooter for awhile.

DSCF3714.JPG

Attachments

Reactions: MOJAVE MO
1 - 12 of 12 Posts