Slingshots Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2,336 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Was testing some different flats set up for target shooting, and had to try this rig, gotta say pretty good results from an easy draw...

·
Registered
2,336 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Ok now i just watched a torsten video and i am not so happy with 320 any more

·
Premium Member
2,377 Posts
Nice going but what the h*ll happened to that chair?

·
Registered
85 Posts
Great stuff Ben,that's serious speed!! What's the exact diameter of the lead? If it's 9mm precisely then that's serious speed and foot poundage with an easy draw.
I'm waiting on some Dankung 1842,can't wait to chrony some cocktails mixed with 2050,single per side.

·
Registered
2,336 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I was shooting 9mm lead, sorry im not too fluent in calibre measures... looking. forward to trying this band set with 5/16 steel..

·
Super Moderator
5,154 Posts
Thanks. I know I'm fighting a losing battle on this one, but I'm old school, and "BB" is an actual shot size.

BTW, 320 fps with .030 latex and 9mm lead is quite very impressive. I just crunched the numbers and you actually exceeded Torsten's achievement when considering energy. Torsten hit 500 fps with 7.5 mm steel which calculates to 15.6 lbs/ft of energy. 3/8 lead at 320 fps produces 18 lbs/ft. IMO both results are outstanding.

·
Super Moderator
10,991 Posts
That is an outstanding result. And the nice thing is that it appears to be controllable! One might even be able to hit the target with that rig.

Cheers ....... Charles

1 - 11 of 11 Posts