Slingshots Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So, latly I've been shooting ALOT of different ammo. And by different I mean lead, glass, steel, and even rocks. But I always go back to lead. I like the feel and the punch it delivers. My question is simple, what size do you prefer and why? For me I like .375" but that's just me.

·
Registered
1,053 Posts
I know its not one of the options, but .45 lead does the trick for me. It's the same weight as .50 steel, so you are able to practice with 1/2" steel and get the same trajectory as .45 lead. You're going to get higher velocity than .50 lead, and the weight still has good momentum to it.

·
Registered
4,891 Posts
the box i have from midway says 36 cal. shoots well,probly take out a rabbit with ease
Hey buddy! That's the size I use for rabbit and squirrel! They sure do put the hurt on whatever they hit! And they are still kind of fast ... Haha I think anything is slow because I have been shooting 8mm and some hot bands for the last 4 months ha ha :)

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2,424 Posts
For hunting I like 3/8 lead, as it is fast and heavy hitting too. To be honest though, I absolutely love the power of .50 lead, but its just unnecessary power at a major speed loss, so it is more for fun.
Now, to be perfectly, absolutely honest....I am way more accurate with a bow ????

1 - 9 of 9 Posts