Slingshots Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4,105 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My brain is eating itself trying to remember who gave me these dimensions for cutting tapers, all I remember is we were discussing marbles as hunting ammo - you'd buried a marble in a squirrels head and I was stunned by the speed you were sending them?

Anyone lol?

·
Registered
651 Posts
I seem to remember a post by Island Made with a picture of a squirrel with a marble in its head. Was it him?

Sent from my Moto G (4) using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
2,891 Posts
Hey dude, it was probably me. That's the cut I use almost exclusively. 3/4 to 3/8 with thinner elastic and 5/8 to 3/8 with .7 and up.

The wide base gives you lots of power, and the narrow end makes sure and certain there's no hand slap.
I can't take the credit, I always cut 3/4 to 1/2. But then I got some band sets from my friend Ibojoe that we're cut down to 3/8. Loved them so much so that's what I've been a shooting since.

·
Registered
4,105 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Hey dude, it was probably me. That's the cut I use almost exclusively. 3/4 to 3/8 with thinner elastic and 5/8 to 3/8 with .7 and up.

The wide base gives you lots of power, and the narrow end makes sure and certain there's no hand slap.
I can't take the credit, I always cut 3/4 to 1/2. But then I got some band sets from my friend Ibojoe that we're cut down to 3/8. Loved them so much so that's what I've been a shooting since.
@MIsling & @SJAaz thanks guys!

@Island Made thanks man I couldn't remember for the life of me, I cut myself some Usopp White .7 to those dimensions and good LAWD is it ever sending the .36's at WARP speed haha. Just wanted to say thanks & shout out to @lbojoe for the origin of these tapers!

Cheers fellas, mystery solved. :)

·
Registered
4,105 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
@Island Made would you mind reposting that squirrel you took with the marble?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts