Slingshots Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Tex-shooter
4,275 Posts
My favorite blades are; 1) Spiegel Brothers NY fat blade skinner - Fits left hip 2) Pal WWII #34 combat knife - Fits right hip 3) Bull Dog 4 blade Congress knife 4) Boker #2626 Copper Head 5) Opinel #7 -- I use the Opinel most,just because I have a few more of themif I lose it. Tex

·
Tex-shooter
4,275 Posts
The trouble is that a lot of the new knives with the same names and model numbers as the old one are made in different factories and are not near as good. Some of the good knives like Queen Steel, Boker, Eye Brand, Bull Dog, Case, Opinel and Bear MGC, are a few still produced in there original countries (although not all of models). The Swedes and the Danish also produce some very good knives. There are very good newer manufactures, but I am not up on them very well, so I will let someone else talk about them. I have a few of the Stanley trappers and lock backs that were made in the old Camillus factory that are good knives, but the new ones are not. – Tex – PS, Here is my two old hunters listed above. They have seen a lot of use.

Attachments

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.