Slingshots Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
606 Posts
I've gotten to try both the .62 and .66. To shoot with, they're some of my favorite bands. Really nice elongation, very little draw weight, and very fast. Just super pleasant to shoot with.

Unfortunately their longevity has been disappointing. I'm going to experiment with other tying media to see if the ribbon might be a bit harsh on it.

·
Registered
606 Posts
I've gotten to try both the .62 and .66. To shoot with, they're some of my favorite bands. Really nice elongation, very little draw weight, and very fast. Just super pleasant to shoot with.

Unfortunately their longevity has been disappointing. I'm going to experiment with other tying media to see if the ribbon might be a bit harsh on it.
What ammo are you using with the .62 and .66? They should work well for 5/16" steel.

I'm using 1/4" ribbon at the pouch. I go about 6 wraps that are not too tight. I also use the triple fold before wrapping. I'll let you know how it works with the GZKs.
I've used everything from .177s to 3/8", and I'm confident I'm not using too much rubber. I haven't had any issues with the ribbon on other elastics but I do need to experiment more.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.