Slingshots Forum banner
  • Enter Our Dog Days of Summer BBQ Giveaway Now!  ENDING SOON

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
733 Posts
My latest effort. Based on Sixer's drawing of Geko's design. this time with finger grooves. Although I am not very accurate shooting butterfly style, it is too much fun to ignore. My plan is double blue therabands. Picture and video below.

Chuck S.

·
Banned
904 Posts
I like it! What are you shooting outta that thing and what bands?? Also, I imagine thickness comes into play when we are shooting flip style. How do you find the difference between the 3/4 and one inch shooters in the action of flipping? My tests seem to indicate the 3/4" has faster flipping action, but I don't know if this is a benefit or a fault.

·
Registered
733 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I fitted double blue therabands tonight. 13" working length 1-3/4" tapered to 1". My plan is to shoot full butterfly, but it seems pretty stiff. I am taking it out shooting tomorrow so I will find out. Joel I am new to this and I am not entirely sure what you mean by flipping? Is that flicking your slingshot hand outward as you release? Any videos out there that show the flipping technique? Just drawing it back, it is clear that I will have to hold up on the forks to yank it back.
Chuck S.

·
"Southern Flip Style"
2,638 Posts
OOOOHHHH nice..... I hadn't seen this till now!!!

·
Registered
733 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Change to single blue therabands. Too stiff with the double bands. I could pull it back but accuracy was all the worse. I am taking it out to shoot the single bands today. All that work on the finish, and I got a nasty fork hit today, It adds character, yeah, thats it, character. Stupid fork hit!

·
Registered
733 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Change to single blue therabands. Too stiff with the double bands. I could pull it back but accuracy was all the worse. I am taking it out to shoot the single bands today. All that work on the finish, and I got a nasty fork hit today, It adds character, yeah, thats it, character. Stupid fork hit!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.