Slingshots Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
2,459 Posts
I struggle with target panic when shooting 10 yards but manage to relax a little when trying longer distances. Yesterday I measured out 75 yards and even surprised myself with a few hits. After dialing in the distance I shot about 9 sets of 5 shots each. I think 2 sets were a complete mess with no hits. But 7 sets had one hit in each 5 shots.

A 75 yard target creates a lot of challenge and a 1/4" steel ball at 260 fps doesn't buck the wind too well. I'm far from a great shot but it sure was fun seeing & hearing connections at that crazy distance.

·
aka CYBORG
1,990 Posts
Fun is right. A 20% hit rate shows it's not so crazy - you're pushing the envelope.

Reactions: Ibojoe

·
Premium Member
3,228 Posts
Thanks for sharing, Northener.

That is fine shootin'. Great idea too.

Reactions: Ibojoe

·
Registered
2,424 Posts
75 yards!!!! Thats definitely loooong. Nice shooting mate!

·
Super Moderator
6,538 Posts
Very nice Bud! I also know a little about target panic-it ain't fun!

·
679 Post Club
3,015 Posts
Do some shots with a camera at the target end to capture the "whoosh" of the ammo wailing in on the target.

·
Registered
2,459 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Rock solid Forum! It's so fun trying distances that are not the norm! How much over hang do you think your aiming.
For 75 yards I shoot with frame sideways, twist the pouch 90* and anchor my thumb knuckle on my ear lobe. I aim on target with the bottom corner of my top fork. Speed is 260 fps coming out of the bands. Ammo is 1/4" steel for a flatter trajectory.

·
Registered
3,278 Posts
Northerner, awesome shooting man! I love long distance shots. The sound of the release, silence, and then the crack of the hit! Priceless!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts