Slingshots Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hey Fellow Shooters:

I would like to thank everybody here who helped me grow. I am new to this. A month ago, I bought a slingshot. Today, I shortened the bands I bought from simple shot to 21cm, so now the elongation factor is about around 350%, 73cm draw length. It was 280% in the past, the stretch factor. Band is simple shot black latex 0.7mm. 3/8'' clay ball shooting beer can at around 15 yards.
After learning for a month, tonight, I hit a record high of 80% accuracy! After I shortened the bands and paid special attention to how I hold the pouch and release. I tied a beer can to a light pole and started shooting at night. It was dim. But when you want to shoot, that's not a problem. You know what I mean :)
After 1 month, I learned so much from lovely fellow shooters in this forum! I love you guys. You guys are the best!
Car Plant Tire Wheel Vehicle

Plant Road surface Wood Grey Rectangle

·
Registered
63 Posts
Good shots! I use same simple shot black 0.7mm
about 74cm draw length and now I have cut them at 14cm active band, and I plain to short them a little more, like 13cm and maybe 12cm (600%) to check the power and how long they last until they break.

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Good shots! I use same simple shot black 0.7mm
about 74cm draw length and now I have cut them at 14cm active band, and I plain to short them a little more, like 13cm and maybe 12cm (600%) to check the power and how long they last until they break.
14cm and 74 cm , that is about 520% stretch ratio. What do you say about the draw weight, power and accuracy, band life of this setup? And what ammo do you shoot with this setup? Thank you.

·
Registered
63 Posts
Well, I can't say much about the life span because I've been testing it for a short time and shooting when I have free time, which is not very often,

I am now shooting 8mm steel with a 15/10mm taper. For 8mm simpleshot recommends the 0.5mm latex but I only have 0.7 and it is the one I use.

I get the impression that it works fine, but I'm not an expert.

·
Registered
1,218 Posts
I have been busy lately and not shooting as much as normal. I got time and shot at a can at 15 yds today. I didnt keep track but probably only had ~1/3 of shots hit. Misses were close. Not great but not bad for me. But I had a half dozen or so dead on bullseye smacks that just pounded the can good and proper. And I knew it at release for those shots. Wish I could do that all the time. Thats what I am chasing. Not many things as satisfying. Really made my afternoon.

·
Premium Member
2,278 Posts
Awesome to hear that you’re picking it up so well! I haven’t been able to shoot as much as I would have liked to this winter but we’ve had a couple nice days in a row so I’ve been out plinking more. HDF is right you’ll have those days that are just like magic and it’s so enjoyable. It’s always enjoyable really, but those days..man. 👌👌

1 - 10 of 10 Posts