Slingshots Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello Everyone,

Here are my latest two naturals. Both have had many, many hand rubbed coats of BLO and were polished up to 6000 grit sand paper afterwards. Both are getting Super Sure pouches and TBG!

#9 Ye Old Beech

This limb's vibrant life ended in a storm but did not fall. Another storm brought it too the ground where I spotted it. It comes from a tree beside my grandparent's home that is over 200 yrs old.
My first SS, a trade with Capnjoe, inspired me to make this one (simple little shooter that is one of the best I own).
Short and Sweet.

#10 Speedy Pecan

This one is Pecan harvested while pruning a tree and put on a speed drying diet. I like the natural shape of this one and let it be.

Thanks for looking!

Reactions: Quercusuber

·
Premium Member
1,186 Posts
Both of those are very beautiful..."Short & Sweet" is very very nice.the finish is fantastic. I did not know there was a 6000 grit paper. Where did you find it?

Thanks

·
Registered
2,336 Posts
Wow both are fantastic... I really like the first one but... nice tone to it.

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks Everyone!

I found the sand paper at Hobby Lobby. 320-12000 grit

·
Premium Member
1,971 Posts
Yours is better looking. Both are beautiful, but the first is cake. Love the grain.

·
Member, Brotherhood of Slingshot Nutz
11,245 Posts
You really brought out the best in that wood. I like the pecan one best because of the shape, but the beech is prettier.

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Thanks for all of the positive response.

I banded up the pecan this morning with TBG and a super sure pouch. It shoots great. All it needs is a good home.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts