Slingshots Forum banner
  • Enter Our Dog Days of Summer BBQ Giveaway Now!  ENDING SOON

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
"Southern Flip Style"
2,638 Posts
Received my band making kit from Perry. thank you, always a pleasure is business with Perry. not bought a leather punching tool yet though
. As I've never cut Thera black b4 would anyone be able to recommend dimensions for a 30 - 31 inch draw shooting 9.5mm steel please
Great friend!!! Two things..... No need for a hole punch (though they are nice) A small slit made with a knife in the pouches for the bands works fine if you don't make them too big. Or you can try the "fold one way and fold the other, cut tip with scissors" like Rufus Hussey did to make a hole in leather.
Did I not send a paper with two templates with yours??? I wasn't sure but I think I added that to the kit after you ordered yours. If not I can send it to your email to print. PM me if you don't have one. The larger of the two templates should do fine for you.
All the best,
Perry

·
Super Moderator
7,029 Posts
HI Sugarman,
you could give a try with dimensions of 1 1/2" x 1" x 6" (end to pouch tie) folded at both ends-keep folds towards the throat. It's a start. I don't use Black too much though. Flatband

·
"Southern Flip Style"
2,638 Posts
Cheers for the info Perry. I did get the templates wasnt sure if they where for use with Thera black. Thanks again. Rob
Actually you are correct..... they most likely won't be .... Your's was the first "Black" Order I did. I'll see what I can dig up and send your way.
Sorry.....

·
"Southern Flip Style"
2,638 Posts
Ok friend!!!! Here are a few Black Theraband formulas you might like to try. The first uses the least about of rubber and has the least waist.

2 3/4 x 1 3/8 x 9" (7cm x 2.9cm x 22.9cm)
3 x 2 x 9" (7.6cm x 3.2cm x 22.9cm)
4 x 2 x 9" (10.3cm x 5.1cm x 22.9cm)

Hope that helps!!! Let me know how it works out for you Rob.

Perry

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.