Slingshots Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Premium Member
8,097 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ever since last fall there has been a hole in my slingshot collection. A BunnyBuster Pocket Shooter-shaped hole to be precise. At one point had two of these, both aquired through trades. One was a Maple with applewood palmswell that I gave to my best friend and another Leopardwood and maple that I traded towards the purchase of another slingshot. The Pocket Shooter was the first slingshot that I really felt that I was "good" with and I've been sorry that I was without one for a while.
Well last week I couldn't take it anymore, especially since Tom is offering these at $20+shipping for forum members. I PM'd him about possibly getting one and paying to upgrade it with palmswells on the handle and he quoted me an extremely reasonable price.
Tom and I have done a few trades and spent some time together at last year's ECST and I consider him a friend but even so I was blown away by what he sent. This is a cocobolo frame with palmswells made from osage given to Tom by Jaybird. Tom and Jay were good buddies and and I know that this wood is special to him. I can't even tell you how much I appriecate the generosity!
Even without the history this one is a knockout. The cocobolo is deep in color, solid and dense. This frame is almost as heavy as my stainless steel-core Performance Catapults SPS (it's also alot bigger, which is part of it). The osage is really unlike anything I've ever seen. It seems to have an inner glow, the color is really magnificant.
Tom's slingshots (I have three now, this one, a Hammermil and the natural in my avatar) remind me of the 18th century furniture I see on the show "Antiques Roadshow" (yes, I like Roadshow, what of it
), beautifuly crafted of fine material but clearly made by the hand of a craftsman. Get one of these before Tom comes to his senses and raises the price!

·
Philly
2,595 Posts
Very nice MJ, i have a Hammermill and My Grandson has one also. Tom does top notch work.
Philly

·
Premium Member
3,686 Posts
Beautiful contrast with the two woods. Tom is a gifted artisan, and a great guy too. I have the oak pocket shooter and a honey locust widowmaker, both accurate. M_J she's a beauty. Good eye candy there.

·
Premium Member
3,686 Posts
Man that thing is purdy!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts