Slingshots Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,462 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Recently, I traded a Dankung "Dancing" model tube shooter for a Bill Hays Tubeshooter. The trade was with MJ and I understand that his wife, Jodie (sorry if I spelled it wrong), has laid claim to it. I recieved the tubeshooter the Saturday before a benefit sporting clay tournament, so I made a couple of tubesets and took it with me, along with a few pounds of marbles.

First off, I have to say that anything made by Bill is top notch, and this is no exception. This frame is a little smaller than a lot of Bill's work and fits me very well. I like the fact that it is made of G-10 and almost indestructable. That way I don't have to treat it like a showpiece, although it does qualify, at least to me.

Bicycle part Finger Material property Nickel Auto part

At the benefit, I shot at least 4 pounds of marbles, a fist full of steel, and some paintballs, and all hit the ground with fail. I never hit a moving clay bird, but we had a lot of laughs and I had a lot of fun.

Thanks for a great trade MJ....and thanks for introducing me to world of tubes!!

Todd

Attachments

·
HOBBYIST-SOPHOMORIC-JACKA$$
7,735 Posts
Sounds like an awesome day was had!

Speaking of clays, we need to get DGUI out on a range like that and see how he does!
i agree ! ssf petition ?

·
Premium Member
1,869 Posts
Only person I've seen do actual wingshooting is.... Wingshooter. His target launcher makes me crazy! No offence to Darrell or anyone else who can hit a tossed item, but Roger does it from considerable distance. Like 30 and 40 feet... If you want a lesson, go see his vids. ( Rkyleh 1) is his ewetube moniker.
Go now! Be floored and humbled by a legend!

·
Over 9001 Warning Points!
1,953 Posts
Reactions: capnjoe

·
Premium Member
1,869 Posts
That's physically impossible, Pop. Although, Mom used to threaten to slap my lips off my face pretty regularly... So I guess it would've be possible then.
Who knows? I wouldn't have found out until I woke up "next Tuesday." You remember that whole '"I'll knock you into next week!" thing..

Nice shot, dude! What'd he throw up there a bottle?

·
Over 9001 Warning Points!
1,953 Posts
Not just any bottle, a bud light PLATINUM!

·
Premium Member
7,824 Posts
It really is a fantastic slingshot! I was sorry to see it go but I never shot it and wanted it to go to someone who would appriecate it

Glad you're liking the tubes! They take a little adjustment, especially to shoot them in a looped configuration, but once you're on their wavelength it's easy to get hooked.
Jodi loves the Dancing! She shot it all day and is getting really good with it. It's a good fit for her dainty hands

·
Premium Member
2,320 Posts
Nice trade guys. Love the look of that g-10 in a catty. Might have to get someone to build
a pfs.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.