Slingshots Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Super Moderator
1,850 Posts
Had a cards and can, plus a few spinners, morning. And was a lovely morning to be out in the desert to boot. The 3 of clubs and 4 of diamonds made narrow escapes before the 7 of hearts gave it up. All with PP Scorpion and Taurus. Cards from about 12 yards, can from various spots 15-20 yds out.

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
1,850 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Great shooting!

Your mind must have been as clear as the high desert air!
Our clear desert air is a wonderful thing. Someday I hope my mind can be that clear. And while my mind is getting clearer through practice with lots of things in life, what I lack in clarity of mind can be compensated for by taking more shots!

But this is a wonderful pastime that does help build the empty mind!

·
Super Moderator
1,850 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
That's some good shooting what size ammo or you using
Today was 3/8" and 5/16" steel for the cards, and 3/8" and 7/16" steel for the can- it's fun to bash the can with a few of the cannon balls while getting a bit of practice in with the heavier bands!

Interestingly enough, most of the partial cut cards were the larger 3/8" steel and the full cut came from the slightly smaller 5/16" steel- go figure.

I have had a lot of partial cuts the last few times I shot at cards and had been considering looking for 2.5" diameter ammo to solve that problem, but happy to get it done with conventional sized balls today.

·
Super Moderator
1,850 Posts
Very nice shooting. I'm impressed! You motivated me to give this card cutting thing a try!

Rich
I got motivated to try it after seeing this video of Bill Hays showing how to do it. He gives a really solid explanation and makes it look simple. Not nearly that simple for me, but with enough shots I can get a few that find the mark. I also never got a broomstick out but did follow the idea in my head, maybe it would be simpler for me if I did that too. If I can get more consistent with cutting the vertical cards I would like to try the horizontal ones too as Bill suggests in the video.

I also really enjoy some of his other videos of long range card cutting, using to shoot the cards, match lighting, and more.

I'm not always a huge fan of this information age, but I really really love the easy access to all the information in so many easy to find videos, on this forum, etc..

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.